ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hubs knackered

Hi,

I took my wheel hubs off today to get new bearing pressed in, unfortunately the mechanic managed to bend the part that the brake carriers bolt onto...

It was a job done on the quiet for free so I couldnt complain too much however in the process my new bearings were busted quite badly...

I attempted to bend the hubs back to their correct position but they cracked... so then got a relative to weld them...

To add to the nightmare I fitted them again (just so I could move the car) and found play in the part where the lower balljoint meets the hub on the left hand side...

So Im now in need of a new hub, bearings and ABS sensor for my 172 and a couple of balljoints...

All because I tried to get my wheel bearings pressed in on the cheap :(

What a shocker of a day!! would appreciate some advice and anything I could do to lessen the money hemorrhage...

also would appreciate some help in finding new hubs, its for a 2002 172 NON Cup, am I right in thinking it is 54mm bolt spacing?

Thanks
James

also would appreciate some help in finding new hubs, its for a 2002 172 NON Cup, am I right in thinking it is 54mm bolt spacing?

Thanks
James

i personally don't know, if Id done it through the books I would be right in the office giving them hell but seeing as he did it for a favor there isn't much I can do...

Any idea how much Ill be looking at for a new hub? cheers

is there any difference between a 172 hub and a 1.2 hub of the same age?

Could really do with an answer to that question asap :)

Cheers