ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hunting big power

Clio 197
Well guys my project gets wheels today, I have just come back from watching an F4R being dyno,ed today @322.7bhp @8500RPM, so I have seen it's possible on a sensible budget. or more to the point my budget.
I have taken the plunge and gone ahead with it although I have chosen to go with a 295-305BHP motor On there advise as more suited to my needs.
I will start a project thread once parts start to arrive and I can post some pics. Thanks to all who provided advise and help thus far, it is appreciated.

Well guys my project gets wheels today, I have just come back from watching an F4R being dyno,ed today @322.7bhp @8500RPM, so I have seen it's possible on a sensible budget. or more to the point my budget.
I have taken the plunge and gone ahead with it although I have chosen to go with a 295-305BHP motor On there advise as more suited to my needs.
I will start a project thread once parts start to arrive and I can post some pics. Thanks to all who provided advise and help thus far, it is appreciated.

so that's 199.4 torques at 8500rpm, pretty unbelieveable from a 2L.

Clio 197
Good luck, interesting thread.

Thanks guys for all your help and comments that got me this far, I will start a project thread as soon as some of the the custom parts start to come in. That is if I can up load the pics, I will give it my best shot anyways.

Schma Schme 1.6l
what the hell are you gunna do with it?
have you ever actually raced?

understeer city next stop!.....

2.2 bar shed.

understeer city next stop!.....

Be surprised. ZR's handle 300bhp really well, clio's have a bit of a better chassis so with the right setup I don't see why it wouldn't grip.

Clio 197

understeer city next stop!.....[/QUOTE.

sorry guys been away working,

It's a race car that I am building and yes I have raced many vehicles over the years, have not done anything much last few years. Can't wait to get back in to it. As for understeer, it is expected that if nothing was changed then power on understeer would be a hand full but I have got Penske on the case and the tell me that they can sort any issues no problem on a test day. :approve:

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Phase 1
One word, MENTAL.. lol

In all seriousness good luck though mate, shall keep my eye on your progress!

The real prblem is that the sequential gear change really struggles at 280+ bhp and you end up using the clutch so not much point really

Can you clarify that, as in short no it doesn't. ST75's we've had running with over 190ftlbs (max rating for the box according to Sadev), ST90's we've had running with over 240ftlbs and had no issue (even slightly) with the change both manually actuated and actuated via paddleshift system. Both with aggresive cut times!

Clio 197
Can you clarify that, as in short no it doesn't. ST75's we've had running with over 190ftlbs (max rating for the box according to Sadev), ST90's we've had running with over 240ftlbs and had no issue (even slightly) with the change both manually actuated and actuated via paddleshift system. Both with aggresive cut times!

Thats just what I was told by Sadev perhaps you could enlighten me a little more

Clio16VT
omg, who are you Nodded ?

Listen to Matt, those box figures are correct. Seq. boxes (ST's) cant handle torque.

cheers from the sober Belgian.