ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hybrid Build

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
Instead of selling up may valver im thinking of building up a new motor for it.

Ive always been a ford nut until i got bitten by the Clio-bug so im not the most knowledeabe about the F7 engines, but from what ive read i was thinking something like....

Megane 2.0 bottom end (bored out to 2.1?? Price of this??)
Clio 16v head (Any idea on price on headwork?)
Uprated cams (any recommendations/price?)
Chipwizards map (Again rough price?)

The price of building up the engine isnt too much of a worry as i have a friend who can build engines.

Any idea what sort of output/performance this would get me? Any other recommendations?

Other plans involve stripping the interior, buckets, harnesses, cage, strut braces, etc

Thanks for your time and input (in advance!)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Doing 2.1 is pointless/expensive....Budget for

meggy btm end 400
headwork 400
cams/pulleys etc 700
chipwizard remap 350

The above in addition to manifold/exhaust got 193bhp on the Nana.

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
That all sounds good to me!

Who would you reccomend for headwork? And what cams/pulleys are best?

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Martin, can you use the existing wireing loom from a F7P? I assume you gotta have willy ECU etc...

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Pulleys I would steer away from Kent or Piperas these seem to be quite minimalist in terms of metal used and seem to strees easier. I opted for catcams.

Cams, Kent have failed but then apparently afew have and whether its the pulley at fault or the cam is a question mark? I had Billet Kents I got cheap off ebay and did originally have the pulleys but sold them on. Again catcams are supposed to be qite good but depends on what you can get cheap, hence ebay or for sale section always handy.

Bottom ends or whole engines can be got cheap. £400 for BE, if you look hard can get you a full Megane F7R engine or even a Williams. Ebay ones go for a premium due to the many people on these forums looking. There is a Megane F7R BE on ebay at the moment from Cit-Ren and block only from Infinicar.

Headwork usually recommends BenR at Angelworks or Stan (real name Craig) from Advanced Powertrain Developements. Chipwizards definately recommended for remap IRO £350. Remap took my Hybrid which APD did from 180.2 to 190.2 bhp with the cams timed for smoothness rather than peak power. It has been suggested I could get bearer 200bhp with cams timed better and I may do that to see.

I ran F7P ECU with the old BBPT superchipin it for 2 days before remap so no F7R ECU is required.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
anybody got a copy of that "nana" video my fave clio of all time and the reason i bought valver!.......if only it were yellow and had 216bhp!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Zmaster2k said:
anybody got a copy of that "nana" video my fave clio of all time and the reason i bought valver!.......if only it were yellow and had 216bhp!

Which one?

Cheers guys!

Like said, the best is just an F7R stock bottom end, some well matched cams, a good remap and possibly headwork if you want to push the boat out for it.

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
BenR said:
Cheers guys!

Like said, the best is just an F7R stock bottom end, some well matched cams, a good remap and possibly headwork if you want to push the boat out for it.

Could you PM me a price on some cams/pulleys and headwork please Ben?? Thanks