ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hybrid Insurance Question?

Suzuki SV1000S
Any give me any advise on where to get insurance for a road legal Valver hybrid with roll cage and the whole works?

Suzuki SV1000S
How about DVLA do I just send the form back with the changes to the car listed?

I have contacted Adrian Flux am waiting for them to get back to me - Is the quote going to be shed loads if the car has a willy engine, roll cage, perspex windows etc.....

CS Dungeon
Yep lol.......... im pretty sure anyone who has declared it, there premium has gone up by approx 50%, so £500 has risen to £750, £750 has risen to £1k etc

Suzuki SV1000S
ok well that is not too bad - except I'm not only going to be declaring engine but also cage, seats, fact that it is stripped (i guess), exhaust, suspension, wheels

is it worth it - who knows but I like to be legally covered for worst case scenarios!

CS Dungeon
George16v said:
ok well that is not too bad - except I'm not only going to be declaring engine but also cage, seats, fact that it is stripped (i guess), exhaust, suspension, wheels

is it worth it - who knows but I like to be legally covered for worst case scenarios!

Ask Joel;)

Suzuki SV1000S
Neil this the result I got on 3rd party fire and theft:
Estimated premium: £697.75 (inc insurance premium tax at 5%) based upon the details provided by you and with yourself only driving.

Will this include a discount or do we not get one through cliosport.

Guess next question is what do I do about DVLA?

Ford Mustang 5.0
George16v said:
Will this include a discount or do we not get one through cliosport.

You stated cliosport under the club membership question so the discount is already included. If you were not a cliosport member the price would be 10% more.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Suzuki SV1000S
so probably worth it then - should I go through to do it? still need to sort out dvla side first though I guess

LY 200
^^^Its supposed to be a rate fooker to get the engine changed over with the dvla.

Dont they have to re-test the car as road worthy with the new engine in before giving you the papers?? I never declared my old one as a 2.0 for this reason.

Not that i thought it wouldnt be road worthy cause it was mint as, it was just the hassle to gettin it changed over.

Suzuki SV1000S
but surely if I crashed it or something happened I wouldn't be able to claim on the insurance.

Plus if you don't declare it there then surely there is no point declaring anything else?

LY 200
True mate, its a risk but the engines are 99.9% identical so unless they rr it or take the engine apart its not likely they will be able to tell the difference.

I made sure i declared visual mods to mine (wheels and lowering) and the exhaust and ik. I suppose it is a risk but as mine wasnt an everyday car it didnt really worry me too much. Dont think thers that many hybrids that are declared as 2.0.

Martin (aka notorius) is probs your best bet though if your gonna do things the right way as he has changed a few over.

You don't need the car checking only if you have a certain amount changing I think just engine and box and your ok.

Suzuki SV1000S
Ok well mine is completely stripped - sunroof and all so don't think dvla would be too imoressed really may have to leave that then.

Suppose if I declare everything other than the engine it will be a shed load cheaper on insurance too. Also if the engine is damaged in a crash it is likely to be a write off anyway.

So Neil can I get a get a quote from you on the all changes except the engine at fully comp or do I need to re-apply for a quote.?

Ford Mustang 5.0
George16v said:
Ok well mine is completely stripped - sunroof and all so don't think dvla would be too imoressed really may have to leave that then.

Suppose if I declare everything other than the engine it will be a shed load cheaper on insurance too. Also if the engine is damaged in a crash it is likely to be a write off anyway.

So Neil can I get a get a quote from you on the all changes except the engine at fully comp or do I need to re-apply for a quote.?
If its got a 2.016v williams engine we are not going to insure it as 1.816v!

If the vehicle has had the engine done and you have not notified the DVLA and the insurer you may as well not have insurance at all as the policy will be void.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance