ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hydraulic lift kits for bonnets...

Hey all,

hope you can help, ive got a mate who owns a v6 and is in a wheel chair and basically cannot put up the bonnet due to this so wants to know if theres a lift kit available for this car? or maybe even a universal kit which he can get fitted somewhere?
obviously this means he can push it as far up as he can then the rams will do the rest.

cheers for all ur help.

Last edited:
  Mégane RS
There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago, it would be possible but you would have to buy some hydraulics and mount them in the correct place in the engine bay, i suppose it would be trial and error

S2000
I would say it's definately possible to do but I don't know of any particualr kits etc. It would probably just involve doing what Vinnyc19 said and I'm sure there will be some companies local to you who know their stuff with hydraulics and would be able to set it up for you.

Mégane RS
You might be able to get hold of bmw's hydraulics or some boot struts, its just finding the right place to put them really

Surely if his reach is an issue reaching the bonnet to close it afterwards or fighting against the rams while reaching up to get it closed will cause problems.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I think the main problem with a kit for the clio is that the wings are plastic so would struggle to take the load of the bonnet without sufficient reinforcement.
Anything is possible though, it just depends how much time/money you want to spend.

Chocolate Bar™
i looked into some bonrath bonnet lifters, only problem is that i couldnt mount them into my bonnet (carbon) as you cant spot weld them on.

it is possible, but would be a pain in the arse. as said above, the problem would then be in closing the bonnet tho.

VRS
my old 106 had lifters similar to boot lifters so it defo is possible, all i had to do woz po the bonnet and lift about half way and the lifters did the rest! you cud always have a gander round a scrppys at 106's?? mine woz a x reg and 51 plate independance (most basic) so you cud get some for cheap and have a play wiv them? just an idea

Mégane RS
I hate the normal arm thing that comes down to hold the bonet up, keep having to buy a new plastic clip that it slips onto when closed. its only 60p or something like that but its a pain