ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HYDRO 2 TALK TO ME ?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I love it, I think this weekend I'll put some on ready for the winter, only got a wax on it atm.

I refuse to use the CQuartz I have again after the ballache it caused!
I'm now pretty certain it's the 2014 reload in conjunction with humidity

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Ah!

I guess you could use CQ without the Reload, but then would it be good as GTechniq I wonder, or does it require Reload to keep its longevity.
The base is solid enough, the reload adds the water behaviour. Unless they've developed it, GT C1 is disappointing

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It went over a clayed but unpolished surface on a semi-damp car. Sprayed on 3:1 wipe on/off with an MF. Really was super quick mess around.

I'd hazard a guess at over 2 months. No top ups and hasn't been washed since it was applied or maybe 2 weeks after.

Pics soon to show the dirt.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've never applied with an MF, might try it next time.

Speaking of alt applications though, the highest performance I;ve seen is when I applied neat to a wet unprotected car (slow sheeting on the panels provided the water content). Was bulletproof!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Expensive application method though Aucky.

I can see me ordering more though as I'll finish off my bottle soon as my Brother was impressed when I just showed him the water behaviours pouring a jug of water on my wing so that'll be his Leon wearing Hydro2 this winter.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't know about MF application. What's the benefit? Makes sure you cover all the panel?

If that's the benefit I don't see the point. When you do one side of a fresh car by the time you've got round to the other side it's already beading due to the run off so I can't see even application being an issue.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
04750073ba6873b007c54779c851e375.jpg

d16ac4abe4b3cfc8468eea671ef7b8cf.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
@gally your method for applying Hydr02 and wiping it down before rinsing. Do you spray over the entire car, then wipe down and rinse, or a few panels at a time?

I've experienced the staining as found by JD and it was a PITA to remove. But I put it down to spraying on the whole car before rinsing and it being on the last few panels too long before rinsing, as I soaked the whole car with the pressure washer watching it bead so it was definitely rinsed off.

I also experienced the same staining with Gyeon Wetcoat, but not with Nanolex Washcoat

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What I did that last time was wash and clay the car and dry whilst applying hydro, just like a spray sealant really. One panel at a time.

If applying like normal i'll spray the whole car depending on sunshine/heat/humidity and then PW off. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I never experienced any issues during any method. I know if any of it will have even a chance of drying though, it's clear how it sets on the paintwork so if it sets without pw'ing then you will have issues like any product.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've just walked past the car and noticed a few tiny spots of staining on the roof after using gyeon wetcoat this afternoon.

I can't win. Was only only applying to a few panels and rinsing at a time. Roof as done first alone and well rinsed. Then car was fully rinsed again when all panels were done

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb mate. I'll have a major update tomorrow from my findings!

Nice!

Only place I didn't apply to was the glass as I've got GTechniq sealant on that already.

Even applied to the wheels just to see what it will do (not expecting much), whether it works or not we'll see.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My golf is currently wearing carpro flyby30 glass sealant and it performed as well as gtechniq g1 after I'd applied gyeon wetcoat to the glass. Before this it was very poor in comparison and it's only 4months old