ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hyundai ix35

banther

ClioSport Club Member
My mate moved away from hot hatches (because baby) so had to get a sensible car.

Got a KIA sportage. TBH I wanted to hate it, point holes etc but for the money they're pretty good. Well trimmed and specced.

Obviously the engine is going to be a bit flat and you'll get people saying "Y no Focus RS dude?" but ultimately for the money you want to spend KIA seems to be a good car. Not sure what else you could get in that price range though

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Questions gotta be asked, why do you want an overpriced pretend 4x4, when the new Ford Focus will do what these cars will do, for less money? If you've been happy with your current Focus, just trade it in for the new one, still great all round cars.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Questions gotta be asked, why do you want an overpriced pretend 4x4, when the new Ford Focus will do what these cars will do, for less money? If you've been happy with your current Focus, just trade it in for the new one, still great all round cars.
This.

The boot is immense in the new Focus and the one I borrowed for a day whilst my car was being serviced seemed like it would be nice to live with too.

FF Racing Blue 182
It's not me that's choosing the car its the Mrs its her turn as i picked last two

We're not looking for a real 4x4 just fed up with the focus and she likes these things as she drives a van at work and likes the height

Cheers anyway was just wondering how they were to fit a pram in and stuff sorry i posted in wrong area sir dave lol

Petrol Blue 182.
Best way is to get down your nearest showroom, sit in them and feel what they're like.

I prefered the Sportage to the IX35, nicer looking car IMO and a better ride. Then again, I'm biased to Kia!

7 year 100,000 mile warranty too. What's not to like? Good specs in both cars too. Bluetooth, cruise, A/C, Ipod connection all as standard issue.

Go for a "2 spec" minimum if your looking at the Sportage.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Took a lend of a sportage one weekend. It was slow however it's not exactly the sort of car bought to go fast!

It was the 1.7 diesel and economical. The dash was plasticy but the worst part was the stereo quality which was pretty pants. On the plus side The Bluetooth worked brilliantly.

The boot is also pretty small for the size but seats are comfy and driving position good.

To give you an idea on values.... This was just under 1yr old with 8k miles and the owners were trying to sell it back to Kia who were offering 13k after they ran into money trouble.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
It's not me that's choosing the car its the Mrs its her turn as i picked last two

We're not looking for a real 4x4 just fed up with the focus and she likes these things as she drives a van at work and likes the height

Cheers anyway was just wondering how they were to fit a pram in and stuff sorry i posted in wrong area sir dave lol

This will only end badly