ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’ve been done!!! or have I

Heres a new one, see if anyone knows the answer.

I got flashed by on of those B*stard speed cameras yesterday... only thing was that I was on the opposite carriage way to it going in the other direction.... ie: instead of me driving over the calibration lines on the road and it flashing and getting my rear number plate...its flashed with me driving alongside the calibrations going towards it rather than away...

I reckon that I must have been close to its influence beams and Ive just about cut through them... but surely its at the wrong angle to catch my number plate?

Has anyone ever been done like that?...Im going to be pissed off if I have been..

190 BHP Willy 2

Do a search on this subject there was a big thing about it not so long ago.

Dont think you can get caught going the opposite way, as theres a lack of calibration lines etc.

I have loads of times along the Rochester Way near me, it does it all the time and Ive never had anything through, would be surprised if you do, the people going past the camera the right way doing 25mph must wonder what the chuff is going on though !!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

if its on the other side of the road its to catch traffic going the other way init?

I dont think they can get u going the other way?

I get flashed by a camera on the Ridgeway, Enfield nearly every night on the way home (if Im doing 40+, accelerating into the 60 zone) and Im facing the wrong way like yourself. Its been flashing me for years, never heard nowt.

STOP WORRYING MATE

Btw, a 172 owner lives right by that camera, anyone on here?

mike100 - thats where i got done speeding (in a micra;)) going down the rochester way east - stuck the b*****d behind a tree!

youre def ok mate

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye you are fine..

just to be sure, put a bomb in it.. worked for some dude that obviosly got caught.

it was quite stupid, that is one of the few cameras i actually agreed with, the road it was on is one of the most dangerous in the countrym since it has been put up FatAccs have fallen - it was the A605, near to Thrapston, Northamptonshire if youre interested

It was just a normal gatso...not a truvelo thank chuff.

The other thing was it was 7am in the morning and about 2 other cars on the road...when I went passed it I must have been doing about 60mph max in a 50mph zone...not 110mph in rush hour.

Speed limits are for jessies anyways.

Theres definitely a forward facing on the A413 near Chalfont St Peter and Gerrards Cross and witnessed someone getting caught and it flashed purple/pink.

CTR EK9 turbo

I had the same thing happen to me on my way to central london a while back. Going a fair bit over the temporary 60 limit -no cars around etc- and this cam flashed me facing towards me. It was quite a shock as it could have blinded me and i might have swerved into the bank. (thats why theyre not allowed to flash you head on i guess)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

it is basically a poorly set up gatso, there is one round next to Edinburgh Zoo, everytime I am coming the other way I set it off just incase there is film in it (wasted 1 image)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nah your fine!! me and me mates used to play this game with a local camera

speed up to about 70mph (40 zone tut tut i know- but it was industrial)

zoom past camera (which is on other side ot road) flash unsuspecting motorist on opposite side!!

ok not really that funny but you had to be there- honest!!

Where i used to live the roads sensors!! it was being trial run by the police, certain sensors in the road could tell if you were speeding and they would change the traffic light to red in front of you! savage eh?! i didnt realise they had actually brought out those front photo takin cameras, i knew it was on the cards, ill keep an eye out for the buggers poppin up.

Golf GTI Ed30

Theres alot of these appearing round here.....

Where there lines on your side of the road?

Was there a car going through on the other sire when it went off?

MOST IMPORTANT, did it flash once or twice?

If it flashed once, no film in it youre o.k. If twice LOOK OUT. Cause if its got lines on your side. You can get done.

Good luck anyway mate.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by SexyRT on 17 May 2003

so _KDF where abouts are you in edinburgh?
Corstorphine area..

Not too far from edinburgh zoo actually

if the camera was on the opposite side facing you it was a gatso and your fine,if however it was a slightly larger camera with 2 large circular lenses,, on your side facing you,its called a truvelo and they take a pic of driver as well as number palte to ensure no claiming someone else driving your car,two of these camera going towards manchester over woodhead pass.

Alfa Mito 155TB

DanG

I got flashed by a GATSO CAMERA AT xmas time on a motorway heading into Edinburgh...I knew i was safe because of the following things:

1. No gatso speed markings on my dual carriageway side.

2l gatso was covering south facing.

3. gatsos on side of road can only cover 2 lanes of motorway.

4. where i was was 2 lanes plus central arnco lane width and my lane the fourth lane from camera.

5 camera will only flash once as you go towards it when on oppossite side of the road.

stop worrying about it you will be safe

Ive seen a few of these forward-facing contraptions spring up in Southampton recently. I havent seen one go off yet (fortunately). Rather than the usual markings at intervals down the road, there appears to be just several narrow lines across the road about 30ft before the camera.

These things really took me by surprise when I first saw them unexectingly... obviously you have much less time to adjust your speed because by the time youve seen the thing, its got you clocked!

Theres one on the A3024 dual carriageway into town from the East, as you come around a corner, in a 30mph limit which *really should* be 50. Very crafty.

the forward facing ones have pink lenses and believe me youll see em....as for edinburgh...well lwts just say the GATSO fairy has been up to some god damn tricks in edinburgh - 25 BLOODY THINGS HAVE WENT UP ALMOST OVERNITE! ARGH!

If I find her Im gonna shoot her....

Mk4 golf gti

def cnt get dun my m8 always gets flashed by 1 in gillingham near strand on roong side doin 80 in a 30:eek: & he still drivin wiv out a single point

ive had 10 camera flashes since december, but 5 was in a rover 600 (first car) but int he clio had 5 an all, only one came thru, and if they flash on ova side, it practically impossible for em to get ya, me and my mate checked it out cos i was worried, (only get 6 points first couple years) and the way it angles, they got no chance

Yep... panic over fellas.. its been a couple of months now since I got flashed and I didnt hear a dickie bird...

Made me read up on different types of cameras though which was a bonus... those TRUVELO purple lens ones are a right tw*t