ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’ve had to call the Police

3.0ltr V6

I dont beleive it! When I collected my car yesterday from Renault I looked in my glove compartment and my stuff is missing! FFS you cant leave anything. Ive now got a crime number but its gonna cost me isnt it if I claim on insurance. Jezus! :mad:

3.0ltr V6

I had my Ray Ban sunglasses, CDs phone charger and other bits I cant remember. All I know is the few things ive mentioned but the glove box was full. I know this because last weekend when I was cleaning the car I looked in the glove box to change my cds and I know what I had in there. Jezus!

Lee

BMW M2C

I leave all my stuff in the car, Oakley and Gucci shades, CDs etc.

I shouldnt really as I know someone who had a load of stuff taken from her car when it was serviced.

Ziel Nurburgring

Why should you claim on your insurance, claim on theirs. Under no circumstances should you let them get away with it. And arent you female?

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 25 February 2005
I leave all my make-up in the car, Oakleys, sports bra and Gucci thong, CDs etc.

I shouldnt really as I know someone who had a load of stuff sprayed over her bonnet of her car when it was serviced.

:sick:

3.0ltr V6

Yes I am a female and yes I went back to the garage but have totally denied it. What can I do. They said it was half empty when they looked. mmmmm. Fu**kers. My car was collected by a garage arranged for by the AA so I am in talks with the claims department at AA saying this is NOT on. Trust me they will not get away with it! You cant leave anything. Ive never had this before. :eek:

Bailey, they are taking the p*ss make them pay for what they stole!

i personally clear my car out before it goes off any where, just in case.

The Jinx

As long as theyre aware youve got a crime number, inform your solicitor if the AA route doesnt look promising. Also worth ringing the local press.

Maybe a trip to the showroom with a large dog and crowd of unruly kids? Whilst discussing LOUDLY with the manager in the showroom about the problem?

Theyll soon fess up.

Ziel Nurburgring

They can deny it, and its your word againt theres. If you say the stuff was there before and now its gone its only 1 of 2 compaines at fault. Make sure you screw 1 if not both of them

A silver Honda

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 25 February 2005

i personally clear my car out before it goes off any where, just in case.

Its a pain in the arse, i always do that just in case.

LOL at Mike.

The CS vulture swoops!

Clio MK2 172

Mad, i left my snooper, head unit and sunnies in the motor yesterday while it had a valet, wont be doing that again...!!

Things you take for granted.......like a trust worthy company!!

Kick some ass!!!!

3.0ltr V6

It went to John Feltwells in Huntingdon but it was collected by the garage called Allways in Huntingdon. Like you say it can only be one or the other! I KNOW the stuff was in there before. I always clear my car out if I leave it for a long time as in the Airport but on this occasion I didnt think it was necessary. How wrong was I. It has been to Renault on a few occasions ie service and stuff and there has never been a problem before. mmmmmm.

Yes im female Matt. Dont have any pics apart from on my faceparty account.

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 25 February 2005

It went to John Feltwells in Huntingdon but it was collected by the garage called Allways in Huntingdon. Like you say it can only be one or the other! I KNOW the stuff was in there before. I always clear my car out if I leave it for a long time as in the Airport but on this occasion I didnt think it was necessary. How wrong was I. It has been to Renault on a few occasions ie service and stuff and there has never been a problem before. mmmmmm.

No offence intended, but that will be like moths to a lightbulb...

Listen, I hope you get it sorted. Im finished now and am going to play football.

Dirty E91

Why cant people just respect other peoples property?

They must be stupid to even try and nick stuff from a customers car, obviously havent thought about it being traced back to them!

Gee, who was the last person to be with the car?

Octavia VRS

Sorry to hear this - Im now of the opinion that I dont trust people who I dont know so I always take things out of my car before I leave it at a garage. My dads Megane got stuff taken out of it after it had been towed to a garage after an accident!

Silver Fabia vRS

That takes the piss really. Nothing is sacred anymore but I always remove everything from the car before a service, not that I dont trust them!

I hope you get it sorted Bailey and get refunded the amount or ideally get the items back.

3.0ltr V6

Sorry "bad" there was no intent there. I just kept getting asked if I was female and with pics. I wasnt asking people to look :cry:

I had faith in people especially when you leave it with a garage etc you expect to have everything you left with it. Im peed off with the fact that the MK1 V6 hasnt got a locking glove box!!!!!!!!

Bailey, sorry to hear this, but i dont think it would of been feltwells. I left all my CDs, Oakleys, mobile, wallet in my motor while it was being serviced there on wednesday and nothing was taken.

Allways are the culprits i reckon.

kick some arse hon

Smokey

wot i want to know is why did they look in the glove box if they were doing a service, unless u left service book in there but u usally hand it to them, i caught a person workin for my local garage looking in my glove box, but nothin was took, just begin nosy. sorry dave

3.0ltr V6

Dave it wasnt in for a service, it went in for the coil so I really dont know why they looked in the glove box. I dont beleive it would have been renault either because its probably more than their jobs worth. Ive never had a problem like I say before with them but its someone!

lol so whats ur username on faceparty then :oops: wooo hoo im the first one to say it. How many of u were hoping someone else would ask ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 25 February 2005

Sorry "bad" there was no intent there. I just kept getting asked if I was female and with pics. I wasnt asking people to look :cry:

I had faith in people especially when you leave it with a garage etc you expect to have everything you left with it. Im peed off with the fact that the MK1 V6 hasnt got a locking glove box!!!!!!!!
Nah, its cool. I wasnt taking the piss. Its just most lads in here are hormones on legs. I hope you get it sorted ASAP.

R

rich[182]

Id inform renault uk about it as well, in writing with all the police details ie claim no etc

my mate had his car bumped into from behind and when it went in for the new bumper/ respray theyd been through his multichanger and swiped the only dancey album in there, leaving all his normal noisy stuff.

Punto/Clio GTT

whenever your car has to go in for bodywork, mechanical work, a valet ANYTHING at all, never leave a single item in there, dont leave your stereo in there, not 1 single thing. I can guarantee at least 3 people will have a good look through your car to see whats in there that they can have for themselves.

sorry to hear about your stuff n hope renault sort it out

sorry to hear that, i work in a reno dealer and would never dream of doing this to anyone! i own a car aswell and wouldnt want it done to me!

fat 182

BMWs have a key too lock all the cubby holes thats what renos needs

so you can not open them with the normal key

:mad:thiving w**kers

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 25 February 2005

Bailey, sorry to hear this, but i dont think it would of been feltwells. I left all my CDs, Oakleys, mobile, wallet in my motor while it was being serviced there on wednesday and nothing was taken.

Allways are the culprits i reckon.

kick some arse hon

Smokey
Ditto. I leave everything in my car (and my previous clio) when its been into feltwells. Money, kites, squash raquets and cds (when I had a CD player in it) and nothings ever gone missing.

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by dazraffan on 25 February 2005

BMWs have a key too lock all the cubby holes thats what renos needs

so you can not open them with the normal key

:mad:thiving w**kers
But the irony is, a BMW dealership wouldnt dream of upsetting you, let alone stealing all your stuff!

tiTTy & SV650

Fords have locks on the glovebox too, shame its the same key you give the dealer when you leave your car...