ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I actually saw a 197 on the road today

Almost a year after it was launched, I actually saw one on the road today. Must be selling like hot cakes :S

It did look sweet as fook though :approve:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've seen 3 since they been out and 2 out of the 3 is the same car, by looking the car up close i then know it's a 197 i can't tell far away

Ive seen several round this way, been overtaken bya few too.... Not sure what to make of the new style, not convinced, wasnt convinced when they brough out the Mk2 either but love it now!!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Only one I've seen had some yoof with his arm draped down the drivers door, music thumping, so obviously desperate to be noticed as he "cruised" down Chichester High Street at 3mph.

I'm on board with the styling now, they look stunning from certain angles.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Saw one yesterday on the road, could tell it was a 197 as the front wings looked pretty wide :)

DUB mk2 golf gti!
there quite common round my parts!probz cause theres a fook off renault dealership round the corner from me!

I've seen very few on the road, around 2-3.

I've obviously seen a few at the dealers and one at a meet. Thats it, certainly an exclusive car.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I've only seen one in the carpark at my college, there used to be a 182 in there. Not a student either.

Scirocco GT 210
The only 197 I've ever seen was the one I took for a test drive! And yes I am looking out for them. :rasp:

Mini Cooper S sport
I've only seen 2 on the road. One was a red one, which didn't really stand out and I also parked next to a racing blue one (and took a pic, cos I'm sad lol). There don't seem to be many around at all in Hampshire.

Yeah when i went brands there was a racing blue one in the carpark looked ok but they really need a spolier the back just doesnt look right.

Focus ST
I see a red one driven by a woman round here (Caversham) quite often.

Looks really good - anyone from here?

Other than that, hardly see any.

I see a red one driven by a woman round here (Caversham) quite often.

Looks really good - anyone from here?

Other than that, hardly see any.

You live in Caversham? Never seen you about (that I remember)

I've only ever seen one 197 on the road and it was obviously on a test drive (apart from Ado's at meets - and I'm yet to see that actually being driven!)

They do seem very rare. TBH everytime I see a new Clio it takes a while to work out if is a 197 or not!

3 MPS
a dont like em they dont look like a "sport" looks more liek a family car with wide arches!!

have u actually seen one ???? they have 17,s wider rear and front arches , rear diffuser , wing vents, brembos , much more sportier than the previous sport

LY V6 with Recaros
I've only ever seen one on the road. Would like to see what the racing blue looks like in the flesh.

(Ive seen several round this way, been overtaken bya few too.... Not sure what to make of the new style, not convinced, wasnt convinced when they brough out the Mk2 either but love it now!!)

one of those was probably me hungdaddy , ultra red stourbridge

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I've only ever seen one 197 on the road and it was obviously on a test drive (apart from Ado's at meets - and I'm yet to see that actually being driven!)

You will next time.;) Can't help it that I didn't know where to go the first time and bodyshop had the 197 the second time.:rasp:

titanium 182,
sat behind a blue 1 yesterday whilst out in the griff just going onto the hoggs back thought he was gonna go for it round the loop next to the runcorn turn off but he wossed out :(

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I parked next to one the other day (i tend to always park next to Clio Sports in the hope someone will recognise my efforts) and as i was on my way to the ticket dispenser i was talking to the missus and she thought i had parked next to a megane. They truley are huge and very ugly imo.

You will next time.;) Can't help it that I didn't know where to go the first time and bodyshop had the 197 the second time.:rasp:

Coming to the meet on the 17th then? I want to see the 197 put through its paces :evil:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have seen 1 on the road and another at a show last year. Quite rare around here!

Tangoed Works
seen quite a few inc a ultra red on with white cup wheels today, really butch looking car and they are quick. just people tend to make a big deal out of a second or two on here. out on the open road with you and your car, im sure it would be just as good as a 1*2