ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I am a r****d - please help

I have a new clio. I read a Revs article on 6.5inch components. Can i fit these in my car (front and back)? Also will i still have a noticeable difference whilst keeping the original headunit? I have an extreme, so i have a single cd player.

Basically i want an improved system in terms of sound quality, not volume, so will this do?

Thanks,

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

you can do it

but its not easy

stick to 5.25s get some decent components

but be warned its a 6hr job to do the wiring (on your own)

the standard hu in your car is better than most 4x44w so it should be fine

see the "removing your dash" in the Diy guides for tweeter info

http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/ice/ned4.jpg

Thanks Tom, i noticed that they all come with the little tweeters..whered you put them or is that what you meant when you said "see the removing your dash in the Diy guides for tweeter info" ??

What components would you recommend? I guess kenwoods still the best of the mainstream?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its down to u mate

im using some alpine spr-136s

very hard to fit

i would go for dualmag comps as they use less space

yes you have to take the top of the dash off to fit tweeters

or just fit coaxials (takes 10 min)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No and yes

some coaxials let you remove the tweeter but most dont this is the easiest type to fit as you just remove the speaker in the door and replace.

but you should disconnect the standard tweeter first.

the components are what you have in your car now (apart from the x-overs)

a little bit more tricky to fit you need to get to the wires before they split off (one going to the mid and one to the tweeter)

connect these to the x-over now you ned to use the cable that came with the speakers to wire up the tweeter and the mid (in the orignal positions)

haha Rob......you and me mate.....

ICE is just something to keep our paddock drinks cool......haha

i would just get a set of coaxials as itll be a straight swap and increase in quality since you aint going for i cant hear the car screaching to a halt behind me volume.

the kenwood components sound fantastic.

Getting the dash of is a major chore!

Even my local audio dealer couldnt do it. The didnt want to risk snappin it!

got renault to do it in the end, then audio dealer refitted it, well worth it though