ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Broke my timing belt! lol! help

Clio Biarritz, mk1 1998
I drive a mk1 98 1.2 Biarritz,
The timing belt broke while i was driving it, i fitted a new timing belt but when i try to turn the engine over, there is a clunking sound and it dies out again. What all is likely to be recked?- as i havent taken off the head yet.
inlet valves? exhaust valves? please dont say pistons!

thanks, David

Clio Biarritz, mk1 1998
lol, il be fixing it though, theres only 60k on the car and she went great before i bust it. I could deal fine with valves but pistons would be a hastle. you think the pistons are gone?

Clio Biarritz, mk1 1998
thanks very much, i really like the we car and im happy working at it myself. ill try and get the head off next week

Focus RS Mk1
remove head, inspect valve and seats.

check pistons for contact with valves, make decision from there.

53 Clio's & counting
i very much doubt pistons are damaged, i took a head off a mk3 golf 16v last year, and changed all the valves as the belt stripped the teeth off, the valves bad proper bent, pistons were fine

def pop the head off and check though as it sounds like you have bent a few valves there