ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I cant be fucked to wash my car!

Engles Mummy
Anyone else the same?

I was my car about once a month, if that. When I do get round to washing it I use fairy liquid and then power hose it off...that’s it! I've never once polished it, shammy it or put anything special on it!

I don’t see the point in washing my car religiously; I mean it’s only a mechanical optic nothing more....

I wash myself regularly to keep clean, smell nice and to attract the same sex. But my car is already eye catching, clean or dirty and it’s not like cleaning my car will get it laid or anything...so what’s the f**king point?

I just think its lame that people spend hours washing there car when cars are meant to be driven! Especially a cliosport, because this car is meant to be ragged all day long, but instead people just sit at home washing it!

Please people put the sponges down and start putting your foot down.

Peace & Love

Adam

106 GTi
LOL ^^^^^

It's easy then ... just forget about the sponge and fairy, move away from the keyboard ... and go out with your shotgun out or do something more boring instead! ;)

Last edited:
  182 has now gone!
Re: I cant be f**ked to wash my car!

Cars are not cheap to buy and run, so thats why I look after mine and wash it once a week. Not only that, if it has been well looked after you will get a good price when you come to sell it!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Simply, I enjoy keeping mine clean, although i have a threshhold of how long i am prepared to spend. lol.

RB 200 Cup!
i dont wash my car hardly ever - maybe 4 or 5 times a year even tho shes my pride and joy - i just cant be fucked.....

RS Megane DCi 175
I wash the car regularly as once it's clean you kind of feel obliged to keep it that way. So mine's been clean and tidy since FCS.
:D

Engles Mummy

_Kenny_ said:
it's called looking after what you own!

So if I don’t clean my car often it means that I’m not looking after it lol? Think before you speak b**ch!

B-road bully
in this country, it rains with in 3 days of cleanin it anyway, onli clean on occasions or if bird s***s on it

Golf GTI 1.8T
I dont wash mine that much, but then dirt dont show too much on silver. your wheels arent gonna stay white for long though son!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Keep my looking nice for two reasons really:

1) I genuinely enjoy cleaning my car, something of a timewaster if I have an afternoon free and it beats getting bored on here or in front of the TV.

2) The better you look after it, then the better it will look when it comes to sell = higher resale price.

I don't clean it much in the winter months, but in the summer all it takes it a quick detail with a bit of wax and it shines up lovely, an hour's work. :)

ST
Will wash mine tonight...will take about 3 hours anyway...then again on saturday if the weather is good, wheels off, inside of the wheels all cleaned n waxed....

A Clean car looks alot better than the same dirty car. simple. end of.

Dint think it was invite only on a public forum. Heh.

Last edited:
  Engles Mummy

who the hell invited this guy?

Alan you are my princess x x

acrebo said:
Keep my looking nice for two reasons really:

1) I genuinely enjoy cleaning my car, something of a timewaster if I have an afternoon free and it beats getting bored on here or in front of the TV.

Spot on! Same here!

i wash mine 2 - 3 times a week depending on the weather. Even a £1 jetwash without using the brush mind keeps it looking spot on. Polish and wax once a week.

Plus ive found if you wax it regularly the dirt doesnt stick as much and the water just beads off it when you jet wash it.

Whats the point in spending £10,000 on a car to let it go to s**t??

lazy sod!

plus it attracts the ladies.

If the cars a s**t tip the driver must be a dirty sod as well, so our lass has just told me. ( and she doesnt mean in bed) hang on my car isn't filthy??

her theory is nonsense then....

BMW M4; S1000 RR

MattT said:
I wash the car regularly as once it's clean you kind of feel obliged to keep it that way. So mine's been clean and tidy since FCS.
:D

Mine hasn't been washed since FCS lol (people that don't know it's done about 1000 miles sinse then might not find that funny), and I wasn't too happy about it then either, I mean, wash it for an hour or two, then drive 150 miles in an hour and a half the next day... We all knew it wouldn't get there shining:rasp:

M2 Competition
Carwash!

Bp silver wash, 4.99, sparkly sparkly...

Maybe we should organise a cliosport carwash meet someday, see what the waxers think of that, lol.

Adam seems grouchy... hehe

Twingo 133
We know whos cars are going to be all rusty in a few years time then ;)
Dont take long for a bucket, and a dull looking car doesnt give much reward.
Its like buying a house and not decorating it, it does its job, its not going to fall down without a fresh coat of paint, but you do it.

M2 Competition
Lol, am looking forward to my plastic wings rusting... ?

And in a few years time i'll have sold the car, dont fancy spending three hours washing and waxing my car for the guy after me to enjoy it...

M2 Competition

This was a carwash btw... :cool:

Filthy isnt it.

Oh and if we wanted to attract the opposite sex we wouldnt drive clios... lol

Last edited: