ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I can't win with my seating position??? And steering wheel

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Having a bit of a dilemma and it's really ruining the drive for me.

I have bucket seats and an after market steering wheel.

If my seat is to the right on its mounts then I am inline with my pedals but my steering wheel is offset.

If I put my seat left I'm inline with my wheel but I'm twisting around to touch the pedals as they are far right.

Ideally I need to change one of these so my whole body is straight with everything.

What have people done to counteract this as surely it can't just be me?

It's really ruining the whole car for me.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Isnt that just the famous clio driving position which everyone (apart from me) has noticed?? Regardless of standard/buckets.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I never notice the pedals being offset compared to the wheel, but the wheel was always far too away.

Unfortunately Dan it's only and issue with RHD cars. There's a bit of engine in the way but instead of sorting it out they just shoved the pedal box over a bit.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately Dan it's only and issue with RHD cars. There's a bit of engine in the way but instead of sorting it out they just shoved the pedal box over a bit.
Sucks all the dick.

Im going to look into moving the wheel over to the right somehow I think. Maybe with a custom frame altogether. Really need to do this as my body is twisted quite a bit

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Really need to do this as my body is twisted quite a bit
Like this?
zz+rossa+contortionist+bonnie+morgan+the-devil-inside01.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Can you not remove your pedals, bend or cut and extend them into the place that you're wanting them to be? You have a welder now ;) you have to learn some time

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Easier to adjust the pedals than it would be to move the steering.

Get some new pedal arms made up which are bent/offset so that they are inline with where you want them.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Can you not remove your pedals, bend or cut and extend them into the place that you're wanting them to be? You have a welder now :wink: you have to learn some time
I think it'd just make it act like a big lever and remove the stiffness doing that.

Ima do some thinking and see about it though. Could be easier in the long run

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Can't say i've ever noticed the offset, when putting my Corbeau clubsports in on Jon Foz extra low frames, I just pushed the side mounts right up tight against the step in the subframe. That seemed to put me central with the steering wheel pretty much.
Not sure if it makes any difference but i'm also 6'2" and using a 300mm steering wheel. Next for me is to get the shifter sorted and a dished wheel so that i can move the seat back a few more inches.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Im renaming you Justin beiber in my phone for all these bangers you're delivering lately.

Hahaha, really don't know what's going on lately, they just keep coming. Had more likes on my last 2 posts than I have in my whole time on CS!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
how far off are they? would personally rather move the column over.
I'd probably say around 50mm maybe a bit more mate

This shows where my feet are lovely and comfortable. Imagine left foot is clutch. Right foot is acc pedal.

Attachments

• 20161004_185110.jpg
    20161004_185110.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 173
  dan's cast offs.
move seat to the right and then move column over, at the worst you'd have to use a plate to off set the column, bolted to the original mount points and then drilled for the bracket to bolt to.

Clio 182
Can you not remove your pedals, bend or cut and extend them into the place that you're wanting them to be? You have a welder now :wink: you have to learn some time
I think it'd just make it act like a big lever and remove the stiffness doing that.
Ima do some thinking and see about it though. Could be easier in the long run
I'd probably say around 50mm maybe a bit more mate
This shows where my feet are lovely and comfortable. Imagine left foot is clutch. Right foot is acc pedal.
Your photo (with description) makes it all clear. The standard brake lever is very much bent to the right - as made by Renault. Straightening it will move it to the left and reduce the side leverage and increase stiffness (the opposite to what you were fearing above). The other pedals have much lower forces applied, so you can bend them to wherever you want.