ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i did this on friday what do u think

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i lowered it on apex 60mm drop kit and the rear was lowered 50mm i did have it at 75mm but it was too much.

i have had 3 people in the car going over bumpy roads and no scrubbing at all and no scrubbing on full lock the wheels are 195/45/15

i did it all my self and am well pleased saved me over 100 quid to get it done in a garage.

MaLicE

Its a Torsion Bar. Im sure someone has posted up a small "how-to" guide of doing it yourself on here before.

Daz.

Hey whats that suspension kit like coz I have just ordered the same one. Havent paid any money for it yet though so I could still back out.

Also how many splines did you lower the back by and what offset are your alloys?

Sorry for all the questions, but I about to fit 15s with 195/45/15 tyres and drop my car with the same kit and just wondered how it handled etc.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

not sure about offset but kit is good quality and it will be alot different in ride more solid.

um rear is difficult to explain sposed to be each spline is a sertain measurement but i all i did was pull the bars out and jack up each side then just push the bar back in. depends on your car if u want help email me or talk to weight he gets all the credit for posting the guide and showing how to do it.

its not a 5 min job and i just about killed my self taking old springs apart i thought i had compressed springs enufand i took out the circlip and BANG spring came off and hit me in the chest which nocked me to the floor so go carefull.

MaLicE

Lionel Richie

Sounds painful though!!! It dangerous playing with compressed springs, i had a run in with one as wel!!! Oil was on the spring and as i compressed it tighter the compresser sliped and the srping nearly hit me in the face!!!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

heh both got good taste see jilly

its not lol when the spring hits u i have a hugggggge bruse on my chest and under my arm it hurts when i take deep breaths.

MalicE