ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I fecked my blades up this morning

VW Potato

I thought it was water on the base of my screen this morning, so I flicked the wipers on and woops....it was ice. Flicked the wiper off real quick so as not to burn out the motor...but left the wipers on intermittent! Suddenly, the wipers tried to move again and, in a panic, rather than flick them off, I flicked them onto their fastest speed! Those wiper arm motors must have about 400lbs of torque as they continued to prize the wiper up, leaving the blade to get ripped to pieces as the ice refused to let them go. My blades now look like theyve been vandalised...they are totally fecked! Cant believe I was such a tool and assumed it was just water. So be careful. Im off to Reno in a mo (halfords is too far away) to get some new ones. :(

g

2012 WRX Waggon

saw some bloke on the way to work....loads of snow in the middle of his rear screen, being held there by a bent wiper.

must have stuck his rear wiper on to clear the screen, not realised how heavy/frozen the snow was, and bent the wiper and blew the fuse.

Skoda Fabia vRS

are Renault blades Valeo ones ?

how much are they each ?........£10 ?

they any good ?

I read this post yesterday afternoon, went outside to drive home and did exactly the same thing. Doh. Now the passenger side wiper makes a strange clanking noise when it gets halfway across the screen, hope its only the blades that are f**ked, and not the actual arm itself.

I was a plum and left my wipers on intermittent when i turned my car off last night, this morning when i started up my rear wiper tried to do its thing and its completely buggered! Then i flicked the stalk up to turn the wipers off but forgot to turn it for the rear wiper and it did it again! Doh!

-Rob