ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i got my spacers machined today

Mk2 Clio 1.6
and they broke whilst fitting them :( .

they were hubcentric 15mm ones....wanted to shave a couple mm off them so stop my wheels hitting the arch......but i failed:dapprove:.

what is the smallest size of hubcentrics available as ideally thats what i want? links would be good if possible.

also, if i were to to a stud conversion, and use universal spacers, say 10mm, would this make them less dangerous as opposed to using longer wheel bolts with the pressure being solely on the bolts?

any help would be magic. cheers!

Lionel Richie
FK 10mm aren't available (hubcentric)

FK13mm are the skinniest you can get, but you have to take a grinder to the hub flange (only a wee dress back)

Mk2 Clio 1.6
Who milled them Chris?

i took them to that place down near you, forrest precision engineering, the chap took just less than 3mm off, and then i got home and broke them :(

FK 10mm aren't available (hubcentric)

FK13mm are the skinniest you can get, but you have to take a grinder to the hub flange (only a wee dress back)

what part is the hub flange? is this on the hub, or on the spacer? and what is the reason behind having to do it ?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Where did you get your spacers Plummer?

Could you get a set and machine them for people on here, since you know what you're at lol

How did they break??

I'm assuming the lip popped off.

Where did you get your spacers Plummer?

Could you get a set and machine them for people on here, since you know what you're at lol

Mines were from FK!

As much as I would like to I can't really setup something to do them all the time, I work for a "BIG" named company so I only done mine for myself as I asked my gaffer nicley. Other wise I may get a funny look.

And as I quoted above, there is a very fine line between what needs to come off and what is too much.

I.e. mines were fine when I machined them, but after a while once corrosion has taken them, if you take your wheels off and put them back on, the hubcentric lip (that fits in the spigot) pings off when you tighten up the wheels. The angle stays though so it's not been a problem for me so far!