ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate Autoglym!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  renaultsport clio197
Yesterday I polished my silver clio 197 with autoglym extra deep gloss polish and ill never use it again, it didn't go on very nice and wouldn't come off without massive amounts of effort and when it eventually did decide to part company with my paintwork it left it looking nothing more than just clean,, so today I had the bright idea to use autoglym extra gloss protection on my black impreza and to be fair it went on very nice, but just wouldn't come off, even worse than the extra deep gloss polish and what did come off like the dung I'd used on the clio left a dissapointing shine in the end I resorted to using autosmart "wax" to get the other sh*te off and the difference in the finish between the autoglym and autosmart products was like day and night, i'll never use that cr*p again.

RS6 C7
You shouldnt polish/ wax in this heat! Non of my products work well in heat like this, Wait till late at night or do your car in a garage ;)

Fiesta ST-3
You are doing it wrong then.

In regards to Extra deep gloss polish or what ever it's called, I don't rate it at all. As you say it it tough to take off and leaves very little shine. I would recommend using Super Resin Polish instead. In regards to EGP I love the stuff. It goes on like water and leaves a haze to the paint work when ready to take off, I apply this with a cloth. I have no idea how your finding it tough to take off as a minimal wipe would remove it to leave a great shine. It's a filler.

They aren't crap products, you used them wrong.

If you were doing it in direct sunshine (especially in this freak weather) that might be why.

CLIO PH1 172
AG stuff is normally VERY easy to apply and take off, as mentioned it was probably the heat.

A slow blue one.
To be fair I'm not a massive fan of Auto Glym either, I'll use my parents stash of AG if I've run out of any of my stuff but I'd never choose to use it. In my opinion there are better products out there that provide better results. All down to personal preference though I guess.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've just bought auto glym super resin and the extra gloss protection stuff, hopefully it should be easy to use lol

A slow blue one.
I've just bought auto glym super resin and the extra gloss protection stuff, hopefully it should be easy to use lol

Oh yeah it's easy to use, think I agree with everyone in saying the op must have applied it to boiling hot panels and the stuff has baked on. As long as you use it on cool panels (apply it in the shade or garage if you've got enough room) it's a snap, it's just not to my taste.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol I've polished enough cars to know how to use it properly. Will stick some pics up next weekend after I use it. Cleaned and polished it today and it looks spot on even with the basic stuff in work so looking forward to the new stuff. G/f thinks im a serious loser lol, hey Ho.

A slow blue one.
Lol I've polished enough cars to know how to use it properly. Will stick some pics up next weekend after I use it. Cleaned and polished it today and it looks spot on even with the basic stuff in work so looking forward to the nee stuff. G/f thinks im a serious loser lol, hey Ho.

If you're a loser what the hell must I be?
It was raining all day so I couldn't wash the car so instead I decided to organise all my products I keep in a little locked plastic trunk... Knew it was time to go inside when I started to fold all my microfibres up and colour code them. I have just taken an OCD test I've found on another forum out of curiosity, funnily enough I scored a fairly high mark.

Evo 5 RS
There are a few products, Victoria's glaze products for example which can take quite a lot of effort to remove I've found! AG stuff isn't like that at all though - you either left it too long and it was too hot or the paint was wet still

Basically you did it wrong

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't even know what to say about this thread.

renaultsport clio197
And just to confirm how sh*te it is I've just noticed most of it is still on the car, despite apearing to have been fully removed at the time.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
And just to confirm how sh*te it is I've just noticed most of it is still on the car, despite apearing to have been fully removed at the time.

So its one of two options...

You never removed it all.

Or Its magically come back.

Which is it?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well I absolutely know nothing about detailing and waxes or anything, but from what I can gather it is you doing it wrong.

I seriously doubt that everyone in this thread can work with AG products correctly and get good results, yet you fail to do so.

User Error != Product Fail.

A slow blue one.
So its one of two options...

You never removed it all.

Or Its magically come back.

Which is it?

Seriously though I'm betting my bottom dollar you never removed it fully.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's only a pain to get off if A the weather is too hot as said or B the car isn't actually clean, it's all good and well washing a car with a bucket and sponge/mitt but your paint will still be full of crap which polish and other products get stuck up on, try claying it first.

renaultsport clio197
My credentials are over 20yrs working in and now running a maindealer bodyshop that also details and carries out paint correction, also my impreza has won all show and shine comps its been entered in, LOL at the suggestions that I dont know how to use these products.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
My credentials are over 20yrs working in and now running a maindealer bodyshop that also details and carries out paint correction, also my impreza has won all show and shine comps its been entered in, LOL at the suggestions that I dont know how to use these products.

Just out of interest why have you started using AG products now then?

Status
Not open for further replies.