ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate my mobile provider

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Genuinely the worst company I've ever dealt with. I reckon my blood pressure will reduce a fair amount now that I'm almost away from them.

Cancelled my contract as I wanted to go with EE. Final bill they sent was £138 for 1 month. I notified them of my cancellation etc etc. So this was a balls up on their end. I've spent the last 2 weeks calling them numerous times. It's a joke how incapable they are at helping anyone out. I've only now had someone tell me I'll receive a refund 'on my next bill'

Me: 'I'm no longer with Vodafone so need the refund to my bank account'

Voda: 'I'll pass you through to sales to sort out a better contract'

Me: 'do you not understand? I have cancelled my contract, I am now with EE'

Voda: 'oh yes I see that now'

Me: 'I've contacted you loads about this issue, do you not have the details on the screen in front of you?'

Voda: 'yes but is there anything we can do for you'

Me: (loosing the will to live believing I'm speaking with someone who doesn't possess a brain) 'all I want is a refund for the money I'm due, please have it refunded to my bank account, I don't ever want to have to call Vodafone again'

Voda: 'ok sir is there anything else I can do for you today'

Me: 'no, I'm no longer a customer, bye'

I had been with them for about 8 years due to the good coverage at my house and perciveered (sp?) with them due to that. I had between 5 and 10 issues with them over that time and it would amaze you how poor the customer service is.

If I can give anyone advice its stay as far away from Vodafone as you can.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I left Vodafone about 2 years ago.

I had a bit of a mess up with my final payment and ended up over paying by £3. Every month without fail since I have received a monthly statement telling that I owe them -£3.

I'm just going to let them keep sending them. The thought of having to speak to their customer services fills me with dread.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
From one man dealing with telecom woes to another

tumblr_m0nmeszmws1qibz0jo1_r1_500.png

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
thought it was just me!

Last month I switched from Vodacunts to 02 (after warning them several times it would happen due to their shitty service and poor customer care, if you can call it that) when they charged me £150 for going over my data allowance, but couldn't tell me I had exceeded it as I had no signal ?!?

After getting a message from Voda telling me I was ready for an upgrade, I went and got my nice new shiny o2 handset, the guy in the o2 store told me to phone them, get an unlock code and then I could keep my number. simples!
I phoned vodatheif, asked for my unlock code, was given it, they even offered to sms it to me so I didn't need to write it down - most help they've been in 6 years!
Nobber didn't tell me I had 6 weeks of contract left though did he!
Got off the phone, got number moved.
2 weeks later I get an email bill from vodatwats, £484 !! Apparently there was a 2 month cancellation fee to pay, unknown to me due to previous nobber not telling me I was still in contract when I phoned up to leave them!
I phoned to question the bill, got told there was a mistake and they'd look into it and get back to me.
Got a text message informing me I haven't paid my bill yet.
Then I got a letter stating there's been a credit on my account. (talk about use every f**king medium possible)
Then a phone call demanding I pay my bill.

I don't even know how much I owe them, as they won't tell me how much the credit was for!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I've been with them for age's but I do hate it when I have to call them, their customer services are very very bad. That's putting it politely.

w*****s!!!!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Im with vodafone. Coverage is good but must agree customer services is badddddd.

Have had a few refunds for stuff i didnt actually need though.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I just upgraded my wifes phone with them the bill hasnt been correct charging 2 much constant calls there thick as s**t.

Im with tesco and the whole package is spot on ill deffo move hers over in 2 years

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've been on every phone network known to man over the past 2 decades.

After some absolute nightmare experiences with orange and three, I moved back to Vodafone.

1st and main reason; 20% off through work.

2nd reason; their network coverage is good and reliable.

However, and it's a big however; their customer service is absolutely appalling.

When ever there's an issue (rarely but it Happens) getting through to some one that speaks English is nigh on impossible.

When you do finally get through to someone thst speaks English, they often give you conflicting information to what their colleagues said and they also have a tendency to mess stuff up. Like my last iPhone I had with them.

Cheeky gits some how managed to give me a 30 month phone contract!

Made me want to switch to EE tbh did all that. I'm assuming that they've come a long way since they were the incompetent bungle c***s that were orange

Clio 182 - RB
Vodafone bent me right over.

Nearly 2 years ago now they rang me for a 'customer review'. I told them that the service is poor and that i'm on a 4G plan even though my phone isn't 4G compatible. Anyways he put me on hold for a few minutes, come back and told me that they'd send me a 5S for my troubles. 6/7 months went by and i was sure i was due an upgrade, i rang Vodafone and they told me that i've already upgraded my contract. I then found out that the 'customer review' was indeed an early upgrade even though the lad on the other end of the phone never said that. I then filed a complaint, heard nothing for 2 weeks so i rang back, "no complaint is on the system Sir", so i them filed another complaint and asked for them to send me the voice recording from the call, they told me it'd be with me within 72hours, never received anything.

I them gave up as i don't have time to be waiting xyz amount of time on the phone to speak to them.

I'd advise anybody and everybody to stay clear of Vodafone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think they just hope everyone gives up and accepts the shafting.

The last time I upgraded I just gave them my old phone and told them to credit my account. The credit never came obviously so when I called or live chatted they told me I used the phone to pay for my new phone... hilarious thought considering I had my upgrade 5 days before I took my old phone in to the shop! They sorted it eventually.

If it wasn't for 25% off I wouldn't be anywhere near them.

That was only the one of many issues. None coverage related.

SQ5
My missus wanted to cancel as she would never have signal when she has signal. I could call her (this is also the same with a lot of other people too) and she would have full signal, straight to voicemail, try again voicemail, one more time then it rings.

So she called agreed a deal of £200 rather than £400 to come out of contract. She then gets charged £400 at the end of the month, nice.

Calls up and gets shouted at because the Indian woman on the phone says that Gem was calling her a liar because more money had been taken. I heard all of this as was on speaker phone and was cracking up at the fact this woman was actually shouting and getting angry.

The woman wanted to refund the money as credit onto Gem's contract, which she couldn't find because she was longer a customer. Took forever to get the money back.

I'd go EE all day long, brilliant when you ring and can grasp the English language.

Clio with a body kit
Vodafone bent me right over.

Nearly 2 years ago now they rang me for a 'customer review'. I told them that the service is poor and that i'm on a 4G plan even though my phone isn't 4G compatible. Anyways he put me on hold for a few minutes, come back and told me that they'd send me a 5S for my troubles. 6/7 months went by and i was sure i was due an upgrade, i rang Vodafone and they told me that i've already upgraded my contract. I then found out that the 'customer review' was indeed an early upgrade even though the lad on the other end of the phone never said that. I then filed a complaint, heard nothing for 2 weeks so i rang back, "no complaint is on the system Sir", so i them filed another complaint and asked for them to send me the voice recording from the call, they told me it'd be with me within 72hours, never received anything.

I them gave up as i don't have time to be waiting xyz amount of time on the phone to speak to them.

I'd advise anybody and everybody to stay clear of Vodafone.

When I cancelled my Vodafone contract 18 months ago there was an oldish bloke in store complaining he hardly ever had signal or 3G. I watched the person in store upgrade his contract to a 4g contract which his phone wasn't enabled for telling him that would fix his problems!

Since being on ee Iv only spoken to customer services once on setting up the phone and I was greeted by a sexy sounding Irish woman which was pleasant.

Been with them for several years and not had any problems personally. I also get 20% off each month and the reason I chose them in the first place - the signal is good at home due to a mast 100m away.

When I've spoken to customer services they have always been fine. If at any point I call them and they are as awful as TalkTalk - I'll think about leaving!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Been with Vodafone for almost two decades now. Whenever I think of leaving for a better tariff on another network, they match or beat it, so no brainier given how good the coverage is.

Agree the Customer Service is rubbish, but I hardly ever use it!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I dodged a bullit from these scum. A few years back I was needing a new phone and got a cold call from them. as the guy was obviousley desperate for a sale eventually after talking with his supervisor they could do the phone I wanted at the price I wanted. Phone arrived the next day, I didn't even open the bag untill I recieved the paper work a week later. Surprise that the actual monthly price was nearly 3x what we agreed on the phone? Not really. Still they took a payment which took me 3 weeks to get back and I had to ring them 4 times to get a returns bag sent to send the phone back! 3 months after this was sorted my phone rang again, vodafone. i explained to the lady that I would never go near them with a shitty stick and would appreciate it if she would remove me from their system forever. She was a bit shocked but must have been good at her job because I've never had another call!
i heard on the radio this morning that they have been voted worst mobile compay on Which yet again!

^Someone at work was telling me he had the same situation. He was told the contract was £40 per month, his first bill was £60. He told them he'd been miss sold and they're refusing to accept it. He's stuck the phone away in a drawer and never used it since, is currently seeking legal advice for them to cancel and collect the phone, they just keep sending bailiffs round.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Been with Vodafone for almost two decades now. Whenever I think of leaving for a better tariff on another network, they match or beat it, so no brainier given how good the coverage is.

Agree the Customer Service is rubbish, but I hardly ever use it!

How good the coverage is? Really? Its one of the worst.

Clio 182 - RB
Its official, voted by Which magazine, Vodafone is THE WORST mobile network/company.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pmsl at how good the coverage is, have you ever left a city and tried using your phone?

I'm often rocking full 3G when Vodafone people have nothing at all.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Perhaps from your experience.
But in the 5 different counties I have lived in its the only one to have decent service where I have been.
Perhaps from your experience.
But in the 5 different counties I have lived in its the only one to have decent service where I have been.

Personal experience and ofcom tests etc.

And statistically. Plenty of articles about it.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
so far I've spent 2 hrs 15 mins on the phone to them over the last two days trying to sort out none working mobile data.......crap.

Mercury Clio 182
My work phone is on Vodafone. Terrible signal around my area and oddly, in areas where you would expect to have good signal, such as near a city centre, nothing. Worst network coverage I've experienced. My own phone is with ee. Signal has gone from good to poor. Nothing has changed, same house, same phone, poor signal. My missus has an iPhone and hers has gone the same, she's on ee too. I'll be leaving them soon, I'm getting fed up with them calling me asking I want another cheap phone. Why would I want another phone when you're already robbing me blind for this one. And stop putting the price up all them time too. They're so annoying aren't they.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Vodafone have struck again.

My old man has an iPhone 5c. He's 61 so he's not bothered about having the latest phone, just some thing that rings, texts and he can listen to the radio on.

He's gone for a sim only deal with Vodafone for £15 a month. They've just sent him a bill for £88......

Turns out that they've cocked something up with their billing. We are trying to get to the bottom of it at the moment so I'm not sure exactly what has happened.

Got through to their customer services which seems to be in pakistan

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Vodafone have struck again.

My old man has an iPhone 5c. He's 61 so he's not bothered about having the latest phone, just some thing that rings, texts and he can listen to the radio on.

He's gone for a sim only deal with Vodafone for £15 a month. They've just sent him a bill for £88......

Turns out that they've cocked something up with their billing. We are trying to get to the bottom of it at the moment so I'm not sure exactly what has happened.

Got through to their customer services which seems to be in pakistan

Call after 6 and it's in UK iirc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They're so bad. I doubt they've ever phoned a customer back ever.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
They phoned my 70 year old dad last year offering him a tablet and dongle for free. My dad didn't understand about contracts and that although they're 'free' he would have to pay a monthly fee for them.

He's been with Vodafone for about 25 years.

They send him this tablet and dongle and then obviously start charging him about £30 a month. When he rings them to complain they say it's now outside the window to return them and that basically he's stuck paying them for a year.

A year passes and he goes into the Vodafone shop to cancel only to be told that the contract had renewed and he's lumbered paying for the data for another year.

They are an utter bunch of c***s who prey on the vulnerable.

The tablet hadn't been used once and the dongle is still it's box.

My dad has now cancelled the direct debit and says they can f**k themselves.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
In Germany it's standard for contacts to renew if you don't phone up to say you don't want it.

Now that's robbing b******s!

Listerine & Poledo
I'm just going to sit here and wait until OP tries to leave EE and is shocked when one mobile phone company is exactly as bad as another
;)

Seriously, they all are. At all levels.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I like EE. I realise they are all similar but Vodafone are f**king brutal. I'm glad they've been pumped with a heavy fine.

I've been with Voda the past few years and not had one issue. Granted if we go to Devon the signal is s**t whereas Lisa gets 4g everywhere. But then my contract is about at least a tenner less a month for the same package.

As Goodj says, they all have their plusses and minuses.