ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i hate renault!!!

Just been landed with a £400 bill to replace the UCH. As the car is 3 weeks out of warranty renault customer services dont want a thing to do with it. I even tried to explain that the UCH has been replaced last year but renault UK are denying this as their computer says "no".

Im so pissed off at the moment:mad:

Caddy Maxi

well in that case th elast one will have wont it? and if you have the reciept for the work (which you should) then you can prove its their responsibility to fit it!

it was done before i bought it so i dont have any receipts, mine main gripe is that the UCH has failed twice in the space of 3 years but renault are denying this

Clio Cup

What is a UCH?

This maybe bollox no guarantee you will see a result but maybe write them a letter threatening legal action and see what happens. Something like, On (date) i purchased the vehicle (reg, make) and it developed the same fault over the course of 3 years (explain how the occurence of the fault is not usual or reasonable even out of warranty and how you made attempts to bring it to their attention within the warranty period or something). s14 of the sale of goods act 1979 require you supply goods of satisfactory quality. the fact that the vehicle developed the (fault) shows that it was faulty at the time of purchase. It was there not of satisfactory quality and you are consequently in breach of contract. In the circs, i am legally entitled to financial compensation. However, while fully reserving my rights under the sale of goods act, i am prepared to give you an opportunity to repair the (fault) without any charge to me. I look forward to receiving your proposals for reparation within the next 14 days.

I too had UCH trouble it took 3 months to resolve luckily mine was under warrenty but it was a non stop fight with the dealer blaming Reno and Reno blaming the dealer.

Mine was caused by a water leak in the bulkhead area, it had two other units before my ownership but the dealers previous never fixed the leak just kept changing UCH units.

Clio v6

Unite Centrale Habitacle

A control unit for many electrical devices. Behind the dash I believe.

keep battering at them, talk to the manager at your branch, or anybody higher up.....if thye say no, demand it.

We always payed for out of warrenty stuff if someone bothered us too much, dont have the time and £400 is peanuts to them.

when a part is replaced under warranty and you dont pay , that part is only covered until the car warranty expired. so if your uch was replaced just before warranty ran out, its only covered till the car warranty expires.

all depends on your how your dealer is with you. some will change this under parts warranty but (so ive been told ) they dont have to. however if it was claimed under warranty, ask another dealer to investigate the problem, but dont tell them you have one changed before until they tell you what is wrong.