ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i hate saxo VTRs

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Similar interests? Maybe in some ways but RSC has mix of cars like 19s, 5 GTT, 21 Turbos, Meganes, adds a bit of variety to the club.

im lost, of this is the Cliosport website, y are other nonses posting things? is their not a Ladaownersclub.net? ;)

Personally i cant see the problem with engine size in this day and age where you cant go fast( 99% of the time) ive always wanted a valver and thats what ive just bought, took ages to find a great one(loads of real sh*tters around) and i know its going to cost me big bucks to maintain. my choice. Before that i had 2 different 1.4rts and loveed them both, first one was auto (got given it) and it was bloody fast for what it was!

If you want to mod a 1.4 mod it, if you want to mod a 1.2 mod it, if you want to fit nitrous to a 16v go for it but at the end of the day were all out to get the best for what e can afford to pay for - looking on the renaultsportsclub site some of us have got smaller engined cars that look 1000 times better than alot of 16vs etc, loads of money spent, look quick, eyecatching - cheaper insurance!!

Im sort of thinking along these lines... people would look at my car and think clio 16v, going to be quite quick, and expect it. Do up a 1.4 if you want to, make it fast and take people by surprise - got to be good fun and a more sensiblke engine if thats what you want to do!

Im sure ive seen some programme with fiat 126 (if you dont know you dont want to) with a chevy 5.7 v8 in it, even had rusty archs but did 0-60 in a few seconds to a max speed of about 80 which was as quick as the wheels would spin - i can see it now, pull up at the lights, rusty fiat 126 with 11inch wheels- gone...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by zedx19 on 08 May 2003

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 08 May 2003

one person makes a stupid comment and you go off on one

Im not just on about this one occasion, I seen it happen time and time again, people on RSC also agree with me!

There are over 600 members ? even if 50 posted negative comments... ???

If you dont like it here then why visit ?

I said earlier, I like to try and offer my advice and like to read about issues with 172s, both good and bad seen as Im looking into getting one or a CTR

fair enuff but unless you want more abuse from this club better get a 172.

oh and I think you will find that a lot of people from cliosport also frequent the rsc forums.

Which is why RSC is friendly!! :D

LMAO, anyway, you can all stick up for Cliosport as much as you like! Everyones entitled to there opinions on a public forum and thats mine!

I was only commenting because of a few comments everyone at cliosport is branded the same ..

If you said <insert persons name> is very unhelpfully then fine, but the club as a whole is a very friendly place, why dont you let people make up their own mind about this club.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 08 May 2003

If you said <insert persons name> is very unhelpfully then fine, but the club as a whole is a very friendly place, why dont you let people make up their own mind about this club.
Good point! Ill let people make there own mind up :) Ive made me decision and Im very happy with the club I joined, you made your decision and Im sure your very happy with your club!

Suzuki SV650

Zed dont get picky m8 I meant similar interests in the car enthusiasts way. Also a quite a few people on here have things other than Clios or their 2nd car isnt a Clio etc.. Its the closest club IMO to the RSC (well, in some respects).

I like to browse both forums and will be a member of the RSC when I get my arse in gear as they are a friendly bunch as Ive met a few of them. Some guys and gals on ClioSport seem sound too. Now, lets just leave it at that shall we?

Oh and Zed did someone piss on ur cornflakes this morning or summit?!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Lol, yes Bazz your right, as I have already said, I would love a 172 or Type R but cannot afford one at the moment, what with finishing uni late last year and £10,000 debt on my shoulder.

Yeh Sweeney, someone must have pissed on summit! hehe, my crumpets though, only had the 1 this morning, maybe thats it! :) Have to admit, Ive never actually met anyone on here so you could all be very friendly, Ill say hello on the French Car Show day!

Suzuki SV650

Some geezers on here are fine m8, met some at Snetterton and at Stratford. Sure the French car show will get fellow modders and enthusiasts united as one...

Well, hopefully. ;o)

well im a member of both clubs and id have to say that the rsc is definetly a lot more friendly!!maybe bcause theres a choice of cars and not everyones a clio nutter!!!cliosport is still a good club thats why i joined after i went with the rsc!!

iv got a 1.4rt and i can keep up with VTRs mk1 up to 60 then they pull away slowly!!vts are a diffrent matter cos i dont even try!!oh no engine mods by the way not even a filter or exhaust!!

ps stick a half decent suspension kit on an rt and ul enjoy takin the piss outa them on the corners!! driver skill over power!!ps that also counts for the VTSs!!

but then again most rts are about 8-10 years old where the saxos ul c are usually younger than 5!!so its a bit obvious there gonna have better handling as ours will be f**ked!!

PS REAL PERFONMANCE CARS DONT COME FREE INSURANCE(mister saxo)

Ive posted this before so ill post this one LAST time. My cousins first car was a VTR and his Dad had a 1.4RT - there was virtually nothing between them. The VTR would be quicker more often than the RT.

Yeah, Smoothed Clios old RT was as fast as his mates VTR (which had a chip/IK etc if that makes any difference).

The question is, since were all slamming the VTR for being too popular, do you think it would just get the recognition it deserves as a good entry level warm hatch if it was rarer??

Alfa Mito 155TB

coming home tonight out of a side junction onto a main road a gold vtr with clear lexus type back lights....big exhaust and induction kit by the sound of it sped up to close the gap so i couldnt get up...

icaught up with him 2 miles up the road on a dual carriageway....as he accererated away i closed the gap to 4 inches of his annoying back bumper.....at 80 he pulled into the left hand lane and i sailed passed him with ease as always it would be in a 172.

He was a real sore looser,,,the look on his face was priceless and justice had been served up :)

Suzuki SV650

VTRs like every other hot hatch out there are good cars. Its just who drives them at the end of the day, some are cnuts, some are alright, some are fit birds, and some are old grandads... They must be good motors as they sell like hot cakes.

Saxo VTRs & Ss look alright and they can shift. Nuff sed.

350z & 16v Maxi

I used to have a 1.4 RT before my valver and spent not a lot of money on it and i could p!ss on VTRs, although the MK2 was not out then.

Modded Head, Larger Valves, Reprofiled cams. (never got it chipped or anything, more was in line but bought the valver) And i toasted 15-20 VTRs as there are so so many round my way. My mate had a VTR and we raced and the Clio always won, he drove my car and i drove his and the Clio still won.

Well I had a 1.4 Ren19 for 3 years, nippy and light. Now ive saved up and got some n/c bonus ive got a cup. Id never look down on someone just cuz theyve got a 1.2. Id may shake my head if theyve slammed it on 17s and tinted the windows etc but then again its not my scene. If they like it why not, theyve got to be seen in it afterall.

My mate had a Westcoast Saxo (1.4 with the VTR bodykit/suspension/alloys etc) and I thought it was a great little car, quite quick to drive and handled probably as well as my 16v does. Only probs was the driving position was a bit cramped, otherwise they are nice little cars.

At the end of the day its about who is driving them, be it VTR or VTS etc, I thought about buying one before the 16v, they are a good looking car that have some good qualities, its just the todgers that buy them that annoy me, but then I can say that about some Renault owners I have seen on the road.

If i get respect on the road, I give it back, simple as that. :D

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Somethings never change do they. One mention of Saxos and the gloves come off.

In my opinion (for what its worth, which is very little!) the RT is not as good a car as the VTR, mk1 or 2. I recently had the opportunity to drive a mk1, it may have only recorded a very similar time to 60 as my RT, but in normal driving it was much quicker. It pulled better in 3rd and 4th than my 1.4, and felt more stable at higher speeds, it also handled a lot better in standard form.

The mk2 has better pick up that the first, and would beat an RT in a race from a standing or rolling start.

Im not saying the RT is a bad car. Ive had mine over a year and never had any problems with it. Its not massively fast, but then it is only grp 5 insurance so you cant really complain.

Rick

Golf GTTDI 130PD

Unfortunately I gave up racing VTRs as I always loose in my 1.4S.

90bhp against 80bhp does make a diff.

To anyone with RT wishing to mod engine to whip them-----

Only do it if you plan to keep the car for a few years.