ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i have no VIN plate

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

I got that car about a year ago and it was 2nd hand (6 months old) and its missing the spec plate from inside the door. Will this matter much when I come tell sell her ?

Probably.

I bought my valver about a month and looked at quite a few. A couple of them had no VIN plate in the engine bay which apparently is easy and free to replace, but to be honest it put me off as there is always another pukka one around the corner to look at. Buyers will always look for a reason to knock your price down so contact the DVLA and get it sorted. Might have to take it to your local DVLA office but will be worth it in the end.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The newer clios dont have vin plates though do they ? they have a oval sticker on the b piller drivers side.

yeah the sticker should be inside the door, and you definately need to sort it.

It could have been removed if it has had any paintwork...usually the case.

To get one is a complete arse...my mate had the same issue.

You can only get em from reno. You have to fill in a disclaimer form giving all your details. If you cannot provide the old one then renault will liase with the police( Im serious) and get it inspected and the police will have to stamp the aforementioned document before the will consider ordering one. Then, and this is the best bit....it costs £70 for the feckin sticker and usually 2 - 3 months to arrive.. they have to be ordered from france.

My advice is to get one cos anyone who knows where to look will run a mile with this plate missing.

oh and reno have to fit it, they wont just hand it over - its the cars ID.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yep, I certainly wouldnt touch a car that dont have a vin plate (or sticker in the clios case)