ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I haven’t a clue, how about you

I hope some one can help.

I recently replaced a fuse for my stereo, but since then it turns itself off after 20mins (as if the ignition is off) Before then it just used to turn itself on when I turned the car on and off when I turned the ignition off.

Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do? Its very annoying.

I have done a search and couldnt find anything either.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Lee

BMW M2C

If you totally removed the head unit, did you reconnect the red and yellow wires the correct way round? They can be reversed to be red to red and yellow to yellow or red to yellow and yellow to red!!! If that makes sense. Could be that. That dictates how its powered.

Its worth checking, but Im sure someone will come along with the right answer soon enough.

VaVa

^^^^^^ Thats the favourite IMO. Sounds like the switched supply and the permanent supply are connected incorrectly.

LOL - I have just re-read my note, its not too clear.

What I meant to say was the main fuse blew and since I replaced it -the fuse by the passenger door- it keeps turning off after 20 mins. I havent removed the head unit at all.

Any ideas now???

right, the only sensible thing i can think of, is

when the fuse blew, something in the headunit shorted out, causing it to overheat, then it goes into protection mode due to the temperature

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 03 December 2003

right, the only sensible thing i can think of, is

when the fuse blew, something in the headunit shorted out, causing it to overheat, then it goes into protection mode due to the temperature

Ta, looks like a visit to my dealer then. or just a new headunit perhaps......

Cheers bambam

Paul