ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I must be off my nut

it's -2 degrees outside, and me being me, decided to wash the car, the water was freezing before i could dry it off!

Mégane RS
use cold water if your going to wash it when its freezing, warm water freezes quicker than cold

Mito Sportiva 135
use cold water if your going to wash it when its freezing, warm water freezes quicker than cold

That is completely, scientifically wrong.... if its hot then it takes the water longer to reach freezing temperature than if its cold. Sorry to correct you but I am pedantic about scientific truth. No creationists, scientologists or religios fanatics in this fold! :rasp:

That is completely, scientifically wrong.... if its hot then it takes the water longer to reach freezing temperature than if its cold. Sorry to correct you but I am pedantic about scientific truth. No creationists, scientologists or religios fanatics in this fold! :rasp:

Sorry but brand86 is correct. Its something to do with the contrast being more aggressive with hot water going into cold conditions making it freeze quicker

Yep hot water freezes quicker than cold.

When they re-level the surface on Ice rinks the machine uses 90 degree water, and it refreezes before the polisher has cleared the area its working on.