ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need a detailer...

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I basically want my car detailing once we have got all this sh*t weather out of the way, ready for the spring/summer.

Anyone on here carry out such work or know of any good recommendations?

Cheers.

Petrol Blue 182
I'd pretty handy at this sort of thing dude, give me a shout sometime and i'll deffo help you out ;)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome! Like I said it will obviously be when the weather improves but I want her perfect for summer!

If you want a known detailer, Jim White or RussZs.

But fellow members that know their stuff and treat it as a hobby are cheaper and may just do the machine polishing for you, letting you do the rest.

Both have their benefits - it depends on your budget.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It is in desperate need of a machine polish! I know very little about actual detailing so it depends on what somebody in the know would recommend!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
As JD said, some are a little more extreme than others, however they will be slightly more expensive.

If you dont want to pay a lot of money just make sure whichever member you choose to do it has a good track record with other peoples cars, dont want them damaging your paint with lack of experience

I don't think extreme is the right word, Chris - sorry to be pedantic.

Members with a hobby are unlikely to have a unit, insurance (although I did) and any overheads apart from product costs. Therefore, they can afford to charge lower prices than businesses such as Russ@midlandscarcare and Jim@Whitedetails.

However, with that comes the hobbyists pitfalls of amateur vs pro, knowledge vs experience, up to date product knowledge vs Halfords best etc.

Get a quote from Russ or Jim, see if you can stomach spending that on a detail - if not, come back to us. I would spend it with those guys, but my expectations of budget are more aligned than yours.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a firm believer in good money for a good job! Thanks for the contacts JD, I'll get in contact with them.

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
Cheers JD.

RDH, feel free to get in touch. I'm based postcode NG32.

George, likewise, if I can help at all let me know (I have a feeling we've been in touch before? Name rings a bell!)

A few previous examples of my work:

Audi TT mk1 - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?600053-Audi-TT-3-day-Major

Audi RS4 b7 - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?579128-Audi-RS4-b7-Mugello-Blue

RS Clio 172 - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?583786-RenaultSport-Clio-172-Monaco-Blue

I'm a firm believer in good money for a good job! Thanks for the contacts JD, I'll get in contact with them.

Then you won't go wrong with either. Although Russ is prettier.

Sorry Jim, he bought me a pint a few years back!

Megane R26
I'm only a posh weekend warrior!!

Happy to quote you too, but RDH Jim is very close to you! :)

George, I do an enhancement detail in a Clio sized car for around £150 and have a secluded, fully insured unit in Walsall, but I'm a short trip down the motorway away from you - Walsall, WS2.

Looking for 182
I'm only a posh weekend warrior!!

Happy to quote you too, but RDH Jim is very close to you! :)

George, I do an enhancement detail in a Clio sized car for around £150 and have a secluded, fully insured unit in Walsall, but I'm a short trip down the motorway away from you - Walsall, WS2.

Anyone in the South East that can do something similar to this? I'd rather pay £150 to someone who knows what they're doing for a full detail instead of spending £150-200 on a DA/pads etc. and doing it myself (I'm lazy).

I am. If you have an outside tap and a garage I may co sider bringing my gear down to London (just moved from the NW). It will be post March however.

would be soo much easier if there was just a sticky where all the detailers could be in 1 list with the area they cover

No car
I am. If you have an outside tap and a garage I may co sider bringing my gear down to London (just moved from the NW). It will be post March however.
Where abouts in London would you be located? Don't have an outside tap or a garage! I have a hose and a drive though lol?