ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need better FRONT BRAKES!

182& UK Cup Race Car
I currently have Brembo front pads and Discs with the original calipers. I don't fancy changing the calipers just yet but the discs have scored very badly.

Can anyone recommend a better disc and pad, proven to them to work really well. The car is used for track days 'enthusiastically' by me and others so would need to stand the test of those as well.

Thanks in advance, Josh

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Done two trackdays recently on pagid blacks. Awesome stopping power w/very little dust. Ceramic based too so hopefully should be fairly kind on discs :)

182& UK Cup Race Car
Done two trackdays recently on pagid blacks. Awesome stopping power w/very little dust. Ceramic based too so hopefully should be fairly kind on discs :)

I have had some experience with a pagid product before and they were only good whilst hot, therefore do these work when cold, ie for road use?

BlackGold 182
next month looks like im upgrading my brakes as they are nearly due, so looking at brembo hc discs, ferodo ds2500 pads and what lines should i get? also for the rear what should i get?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
next month looks like im upgrading my brakes as they are nearly due, so looking at brembo hc discs, ferodo ds2500 pads and what lines should i get? also for the rear what should i get?

Good strong setup there :) lines I have got the goodridge braided but I hear Freds lines are better but both bring on better brake feel :)
Rears can stay standard oem with just braided lines as they dont do much tbh :)

Clio 172, BMW Mini
Would deffo agree re Pagid pads, have used all sorts on road rally car ( Seat Ibiza Gti, Astra Gte, Fiesta RS 1800 ) just bought the Clio so will chuck Pagids in soonest. The Pagids do work a bit better when they have some heat in, but aren't dreadful cold. Have used Ferodo they are pretty good, better than EBCs for sure, but Pagid have been best, sure their is something out there I don't know about thats better or as good