ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i need help with an amp!

basically i had a 250 w amp connected to a jbl 12" 1000w!

but when we went to south mimms the relays at the front started playin up, there was power in the dash when the key wasnt in and the hazard lights kept flashing, then just to make it all perfect my sub stopped working?

now i cant get any output from my amp, there are no fuses blown except the 1 on the wire straight off the battery which ive replaced,

if i dont get it sorted there will be a sub up for grabs :(

Dave

P.S. from a quite bassy car back to not alot aint that fun someone please help me!!!! :sick:

ok so i went behind my headunit but no wires were loose or out so ill try my mates amp to see if mines gone but if it aint that it must be the relays? would a renault dealer find and replace the faulty relay or is this not possible?

Nissan R35 GT-R

Have you checked that its getting power from the cables AND the remote wire from head unit (usually blue).

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 04 February 2005
check your earth cable, tap it on some bar metal, should spark

if this means diconnecting anything while powered up, dont do it

Punto/Clio GTT

take your earth cable off while your HU is OFF, turn it on and your amp wont turn on.. tap the earth where your earthed to make sure your earth is ok, if it dont spark then you may have a split earth cable or not have power. then check the power cable, make sure thats got power, take it off your amp and again, tap it on bare metal, should give a spark, it wont blow the fuse, only being held on for a short time allowin a strong negative current go up towards the fuse at the battery will blow the fuse

[Edited by Final_Maxim on 04 February 2005 at 8:29pm]

make sure the fuse you replaced it with is the same as the one you took out, i put a bigger one in when mine blew and it wouldnt work so make sure the fuse is correct size. make sure the blue REM(remote) wire is connected correctly and that the power is going to the amp. check that your speakers havent blown as well.

sorry guys went to pub ill try it all tmoz and get back 2u

[Edited by Tigerhawcheeek on 05 February 2005 at 12:17am]

Cheers btw! :)

Polo + Micra

if you take the negative off your chassis and then try and power up your amp there is a very good chance it will try and find an earth through your rcas, which means its going to destroy your hu.

Punto/Clio GTT

i fitted my amp myself.. clueless, my first one.. left off the earth cable (unintentionally) and couldnt figure out why it wasnt working... ide connect the remote wire and it would come on then go off, was messin for about 2 hours solid tryin to figure out what ide forgot or missed lol.

didnt do anythin though

Polo + Micra

you were lucky.

if there was no earth at all at the it wouldnt even power on for a milli second, so it must have been finding one somewhere and the only place it the rcas

leave it all connected up

bridge the remote and the +ve terminals, if it turns on, then the remote cable is loose

to me though, it sounds like you have shorted the amp, have you inspected the amp power cable for any cuts?? sounds like the amp cable has been sliced through by the bulkhead, therefore shorting out the amp itself

have a look, ill be surprised if its anything else

no ive checked the power cable its all good my mates got an old amp of mine im gonna nick that back off him and see if it does anything then