ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i need new hardware (or soft as it may be...)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
right currently i am using a meguires wash mitt and then a water magnet, i use the 2 bucket method etc but i am still getting swirls,

rich pc'd my car early last year and i am sure these things are whats causing the swirls, what to people recommend as an alternative the the meg's wash mitt and the magnet?

106 GTi
Should not be a problem.

I use the yellow foam apllicators when using products by here, never bother with anything else as they seem to do the job.

You say Rich did your car early last year, if by this you mean a year ago, then I wouldn't worry too much that swirls are coming back, unfortunately there is nothing short of not washing or driving you car you can do, not all swirls are wash inflicted, some happen though the air flow whilst driving.

I always say machine polishing will have to be done every 12 - 18 months, no matter how well its looked after, I'm afraid.

But the new mitt and towel won't be a bad move all the same.

clio 182 black /gold
I use a wash mitt and the 2 bucket and mine is swirled. I use megs water magnet and megs wash mitt

106 GTi
According to some threads on DW, wiping with the water magnet is a no no.

Swirls as said are impossible to avoid 100%.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
nah my water magnet doesn't even seem to like water anymore...and its definately not a magnet as it don't stick to metal

now its just an expensive rag

thta sonus drying towel looks exactly the same as the megs one but in blue.

why is there such a difference in how they work? the only difference i can see in material is the the silk on the edges on the sonus one and satin on the megs one surely this wont make much of a diffeerence?

106 GTi
The Blue Sonus one feels alot different to the Megs one, much softer. They are both made form a waffle type microfiber, but that is where the similarity ends.

hmmm fair enough. maybe i should ditch my megs one then!! oh yer rich i got my car machine polished on saturday. yet to get the pic on the computer tho:(

will put up a new topic as soon as i got the pics

Fully agree with Rich, the megs and sonus are made from the same sort of MF material, but as he said thats where they are only the same.

I have about 30 of the sonus ones, use them every day almost all year round and never had one go the same way the megs one do. The 5 megs ones I have left are only used to dry arches and under sills, or wipe my hands.

A slow one :-(
I love my sonus drying towels. I recomend them big style

Quite possibly the best bit of detailing kit i've bought. Although I have yet to use my PC.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well i get paid on friday so i will be purchasing the above linked products i think........

the magnet has been reduced to sill, arches and bike drying..

with the water magnets should you fold it and wipe like you would with a leather or pat your car dry?
I own a megs water magnet and it just doesnt seem as soft anymore as what it was when new, ive only washed it a couple of times in the washing machine using just cleaner not fabric softner but this has made it feel kind of rough to touch if you know what I mean. I would imagine by rubbing the car dry I would be inflicting swirls .....

Rob.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
^^^sounds like whats happened to mine mate, and i haven't even washed mine i don't think, yeah you fold and wipe deffo don't pat that would take ages

just need to rid mine of the swirls again

Mito Sportiva 135
Swirls are pretty much inevitable if you clean your car over time....either got to live with the minor ones or get a PC... as I am anout to :S