ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need some advice!

thank you for everybodys advice tonight.
you have been very helpfull with my dilemma and thanks to you lot and a clio 172 that i drove a while back ive now decided to ask my mate tommorrow if he can look out for a clio 172 cup for me in april time next year so thanks again and i will be online at this site again tony.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=257255

Sorry to be cheeky but you could always get a Phase 1 172 as there very similar cars and cheaper.

SBV116 can vouch that my ones sound.

LOL

:)

dont tempt me lol!
cant at the momment not enought funds something that im considering around april next year!
but thanks any way!
can the engines take high mileages as im after something with 50 to 60k on the clock?

Hell yeah.

My Phase 1 172 has over 100K on it and will beat 182's if you try hard enough.

LOL

:)

Have you considered a ph1 172 Tony ?

yes i have but i prefare the look of the newer model myself im open to any sugestions but my heart says that if im going to get a clio a 172 cup in blue is the car for me at the moment but if any of you have any other sugestions bearing in mind i will have about 5k tops to spend but will be getting the car at trade price.
spoke to my mate today hes looking for one at the moment but hes trying to get a 182 but im more likeley to get a 172cup for my money.
im after something with 40k on the clock f/s/h not bothered about cambelt as i can do that myself!

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
i was 23 with 4yrs NCB and it was £1300 , dont think it was too bad

Ah what it is to be old. I'm 32 with 3 points, three claims in the last year, 8 yrs NCB.My Type-R Impreza costs me 1K full comp and my 182 Cup coming in at £750. ;)

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Have you considered a ph1 172 Tony ?

yes i have but i prefare the look of the newer model myself im open to any sugestions but my heart says that if im going to get a clio a 172 cup in blue is the car for me at the moment but if any of you have any other sugestions bearing in mind i will have about 5k tops to spend but will be getting the car at trade price.
spoke to my mate today hes looking for one at the moment but hes trying to get a 182 but im more likeley to get a 172cup for my money.
im after something with 40k on the clock f/s/h not bothered about cambelt as i can do that myself!

Make sure it's a 172 Cup. The weight saving is important with this car, don't worry about ABS no one needs it anyway. Definately much better proposition than a basic 172.

i went from a saxo vtr to a 172 cup and although it is a massive step up i would never go back its the best car i've ever owned and i've had about 12! insurance didnt go up much try elephant or direct line

Make sure it's a 172 Cup. The weight saving is important with this car, don't worry about ABS no one needs it anyway. Definately much better proposition than a basic 172.

I hate this argument, BASIC?

I think you'll find the CUP is basic, have you seen the seats?

Personally Leather, Xenons, ABS, Traction and Air Con were on my wanted list when i spent 9k 2 years ago. If you want some Luxury get a FF 172. Nothing in it in terms of Performance and you get a better colour choice range.

Last edited:
  Mondeo TDCI 130

Personally Leather, Xenons, ABS, Traction and Air Con were on my wanted list when i spent 9k 2 years ago. If you want some Luxury get a FF 172. Nothing in it in terms of Performance and you get a better colour choice range.

I have seen the seats in the full fats............. usually have a nose when i go past them!:cool: ............runs and hides..................:rasp:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

I would hardly call pearl black, silver and flame red better. Mondial is the best colour for the clio imo. The ff 172's are standard looking on the outside. Dynamique style alloys, no boot spoiler, and no bumper splitter. From the outside there is no question which one looks better

I would hardly call pearl black, silver and flame red better. Mondial is the best colour for the clio imo. The ff 172's are standard looking on the outside. Dynamique style alloys, no boot spoiler, and no bumper splitter. From the outside there is no question which one looks better

?? Can you not get a Full Fat with cup packs? exactly. Then you have the looks and the luxury. All it is a spoiler and splitter which i put on mine as i liked them, but FFs come with Xenons, Air Con and Leather, luxurys that would cost more to put in a cup if you did it the other way round.

Cups are superb, FFs are superb. Theres nothing in it at all, ive raced many.

Depends if you want the luxurys, Xenons were the one that really did it for me. I took 2 FFs and Cup out from the same Garage when i bought mine.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye 182 only, Renault sold out lol. The phase 2 172 never had the turinis, splitter and spoiler as standard ;)

Aye 182 only, Renault sold out lol. The phase 2 172 never had the turinis, splitter and spoiler as standard ;)

i know Gaz, i bought a FF. lol

I did add the spoiler and splitter as the looks better, but in terms of value for money the FF is a better option for the extras, thats my point.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
just pulling your pisser mate :)

Different strokes for different blokes and all that. I prefered the Cup over a normal 172, you could argue the Cup is the best bang for buck, as they are cheaper than a 172. I may have another Cup one day. Think the colour and wheels work so well :)

it was taken in jest bud dont worry, im trying to talk to you about it. I dont mind banter.!

CUP seats are crap, end of!