ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i need some help please

172 with k-tec sound
hi all my cars just had a new timing belt valves head skimmed ect about 3 week ago due to pretensioner collapsing it is whining in first and second gear also some times when i go to start it it goes to stall but dosent quite manage to stall seems to sort its self out but only does this when starting from cold any ideas guys and girls thanx

Da

Less
Did you ever get the whining diagnosed Carl?

I thought they said it would be solved by the Aux change?

Da

Less
So it wasn't the idler then?

Personally I'd take it back to Perrys and tell them to sort it as they changed the belt and it wasn't whining before.

Is it getting worse?

172 with k-tec sound
So it wasn't the idler then?

Personally I'd take it back to Perrys and tell them to sort it as they changed the belt and it wasn't whining before.

Is it getting worse?
no it wasnt the idler daz the whining isnt getting any worse no its just pretty much the same car drives perfect do you know what the stalling nearly could be it dosent stall it sorts it self out only does it every now and then its going back to perrys next week

Da

Less
Stalling could be a number of things, from a dodgy spark plug (did you ever change them?) to a TDC sensor issue.

I'd try and get it back to Perrys ASAP as if it's whining then something obviously aint right and the last thing you want is the belt snapping.

172 with k-tec sound
Stalling could be a number of things, from a dodgy spark plug (did you ever change them?) to a TDC sensor issue.

I'd try and get it back to Perrys ASAP as if it's whining then something obviously aint right and the last thing you want is the belt snapping.
ok cheers daz yeah i did the spark plugs on sunday next door helped me he had all correct tools old spark plugs were black etc what is the tdc sensor?

Da

Less
Top Dead Centre sensor, it tells the ECU what 'position' the engine is in and as such determines how the ECU feeds fuel etc in.

Strange how this has happened after they've had it in bits though.

172 with k-tec sound
Top Dead Centre sensor, it tells the ECU what 'position' the engine is in and as such determines how the ECU feeds fuel etc in.

Strange how this has happened after they've had it in bits though.
yeah i know iv thought the same thanx any way daz its going in on monday thats the only time they could have it but a guy at renault told me to see if it was whining after 400 miles and if it was to take it back to perrys he said it sounded like belt was too tight but it would be ok belt would not snap again etc when it goes to stall but then corrects its self the temp needle is off the scale but thats when engine is cold

172 with k-tec sound
yeah i know iv thought the same thanx any way daz its going in on monday thats the only time they could have it but a guy at renault told me to see if it was whining after 400 miles and if it was to take it back to perrys he said it sounded like belt was too tight but it would be ok belt would not snap again etc when it goes to stall but then corrects its self the temp needle is off the scale but thats when engine is cold
michelle said she told you about my soggy footwell like your mums i think your right it could be that door seal if not then scuttlepanel

When you say it sounds like it's going to stall, do you mean it's missing?

Da

Less
Yeah, bet you're sick of the problems with it hey! :dapprove:

Door seal is first port of call, if not that then it'll need more looking at.

172 with k-tec sound
Yeah, bet you're sick of the problems with it hey! :dapprove:

Door seal is first port of call, if not that then it'll need more looking at.
yeah i am to be honest but i love the car and as you know wanted one for ages yeah will check that door seal and see were we go from there just want it up and running right now just seems its one thing after another as you know daz hey well shel be sorted hopefully after next stint at perrys lol:D

172 with k-tec sound
Did this issue come about after you changed the plugs?
hi daz no its been doing it on and off since getting it back really car been at perrys today they say there is nothing wrong with car its nothing to worry about had tech look at it your right about tdc sensor they are going to take it to renault for me when they are not so busy

Da

Less
Yeah the lad who looked at it is very good, you were at Perrys Nelson right?

So they are changing the TDC sensor for you at some point? It's a very simple job to do yourself.

172 with k-tec sound
Yeah the lad who looked at it is very good, you were at Perrys Nelson right?

So they are changing the TDC sensor for you at some point? It's a very simple job to do yourself.
yeah we were at perrys nelson the lad who looked at it did all the work on it he seemed to know what he was on about might have a go at that tdc sensor at some point but they said they would yake it to renault for me do you know of the lad then daz

172 with k-tec sound
yeah we were at perrys nelson the lad who looked at it did all the work on it he seemed to know what he was on about might have a go at that tdc sensor at some point but they said they would yake it to renault for me do you know of the lad then daz
hi daz do you know of the lad then?