ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think I've got a malware Virus

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I'm starting to think I've got a malware virus on my laptop...

It's started running slow, the PF usage is now always high, I keep getting a message saying that the virtual memory is getting low and I keep having to repair my wireless network connection. I've had a look at what processes are running but to be honest I don't know what should be there and what shouldn't.

I've had virgins PC Guard on all my computers/laptops without any problems, but now I'm certain something has got through. I've ran multiple anti-virus and anti-spyware scans which all come back clear.

Whats the best way of checking my laptop over? I'm thinking of completely wiping it clean and starting again...or buying a new laptop :dapprove: as I use it for work 9self employed) and it's no good spending time trying to fix it when I need to be working.

Remove pc guarge and all that b****cks.

Install 2 things... Malwarebytes and CCleaner. Run MBAM followed by CCleaner to repair the register and clear all the crap.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Load machine up in Safe mode (Press F8 after getting through BIOS screen), run RKill http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.scr

This should kill any process that may be running. Once this has been done, then run malwarebytes.

Some machines will link it to your local profile...if computer has more than one profile (user account), remove the one its been noticed on...just amend it's name from user to user.old then try