ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think my car is just a bad luck charm.

1.9 Diesel RT
So...driving home on the A6 today from Matlock, came round a bend at 40 (below the peed limit might I add..) and I see a lorry in the middle of the road pulling into a pub. I slam on my brakes but I wouldn't have been able to stop in time, so I go to swerve around it, at which point the lorry starts to f**king reverse!! back onto the main road and right into the side of me.
Hit me right at the point where the front door meets the bumper and caved it in, took my front window out as there's nothing on the left hand side holding it in.
Pulled over a bit further up the road (couldn't stop straight away) and no one behind me stopped, walked back to where it happened and the lorry had drove away. So I didn't even manage to throttle the guy!

So, feeling pretty shitty and needing a new car! Nothing the insurance company can do about it, it's a total write off and I'm only 3rd party.

f**king sucks. So if anyone knows anyone selling a car...let me know?!?

thats proper harsh, i'd try & find the lorry if I were you (maybe if had a business name on it of something,or maybe you'd recognise it again)

One of my dads mates got taken out by a foreign lorry on a roundabout once, the lorry driver drove off - so they went & looked for the lorry, they found it in a lorry park near to where it happened !
The police were very interested in the lorry driver !

1 Series Coupe
f**king hell... sorry man... maybe get in touch with the council and see if there is any CCTV round that area, and maybe can get you a registration number of the lorry? - got to be worth a go...

1.9 Diesel RT
Cheers guys.

Thank you for the messages and ideas, appreciate it. Although I don't think there was any CCTV around the area....can't remember what the lorry looked like, all happened too quick. I think it was yellow!

1.9 Diesel RT
jonesyx said:
bit of a sh*tter. how couldnt you stop straight away?

Bit of a sharp bend just before where it was turning, so when it came into view it was only a couple of yards in front of me. Just no time, I guess. There's never usually any trouble round there, so...nevermind.

Hoping to take some pics of the damage shrtly

clio 16v
Speak to the owners of the pub to see if they had a delivery that day and ask which company, worth a shot, cos its the side oft he car that's damaged is obvious he reversed into you

Good luck. Tracy

Tangoed Works
Feel for you mate, similar thing happened to me a couple days ago. The fukcer stopped but didnt have any insurance. Good luck finding him.

Only a couple of sharp bends I can think of on the A6 out of matlock, was it the couple of bends with the pub on one corner and a road going upto crich? or the sharpish bend near belper?

It's a bad road for lorries, I almost smacked into one a few weeks ago. Far too many hidden entrances/exits in stupid places