ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think my idle control valve has just died

Was out today taking my friend to a garage to pick up his car about 50 miles away.

About 40 miles into the journey after a lot of motorway work, traffic backed up on an a-road to the point where i had to almost stopped.

Naturally, i dipped the clutch but then realised the engine had stalled. I started the car again and the revs immediately died.

If i keep my foot on the throttle it is fine and normal driving is completely normal, but if i need to stop at a junction or have the clutch in for any period of time the car stalls itself.

Got home and plugged in the RS Tuner and it threw up 4 idle control valve faults - all code 060 for what it's worth.

I've already cleaned out the throttle body and ICV a month or so before so thats not an issue.

Is it just shagged?

Also, does anyone know of anywhere that sell them cheaper the dialoguys tell me Renault want for it? (£55 before VAT)

Cheers
Tom

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Sounds as though it's a gonner and you'll need a new one. I tried GSF etc and no one sold them. I think it is £55 from Reno, but I've asked for a trade price before and often got 10% off, it's worth a try! Also when fitting it the one I got seemed to be stuck, it revved at 5000 rpm. I had to fiddle about with it (with a screwdriver on the the plunger inside) and eventually it started working fine, had no problems since (about a year and a half ago).

Cheers mate, got a new one through pages yesterday. £40.

The problem i had though was that you only get the top half of the valve, so you have to drill out the rivets on the old one and then re-attach the new one. Not easy when the rivets are hardened stainless and they dont give you any nuts and bolts to re-attach it after.

Off to work now so i'll see if it has cured it.

If your look at the engine from the front of the car, go to where the throttle body is and move left a bit! Its attached to the back of the manifold, has a multiplug on the top and the pipe from the induction bend going to it.