ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think you cursed me!

LY V6 with Recaros
I posted last week saying I had my first rattle in 10 months. Everyone commented on how long that took, but they'd be more to come. Now on my way to work this morning I swear the whole bloody interior was rattling and creaking!! I wish I never mentioned anything now lol! :(

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
LOL I have recently started to get random rattles throught the car. The one that is reallly bugging me is right in front of my on the dash board. the number of times i have hit the dash board only for the noise to stop for a couple of mins and start again.

At the end of the day, it the little things like rattles that make our cars unique (well thats what i keep telling myself)

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Yeah i thought that but i have had the dash off when fitting my bluetooth kit to the car, so i am 100% sure they a nice and tight. I have a feeling that it is behind the dash unit itself, or near the dials. that seems to be where the nosie comes from all of the time.

Ah well time to buy some ear plugs, that way i wont be able to hear the annoying noise.

Golf R
SteveC047 said:
Yeah i thought that but i have had the dash off when fitting my bluetooth kit to the car, so i am 100% sure they a nice and tight. I have a feeling that it is behind the dash unit itself, or near the dials. that seems to be where the nosie comes from all of the time.

Ah well time to buy some ear plugs, that way i wont be able to hear the annoying noise.

turn the stereo up, should help. i think the firm suspension in our Trophy doesn't help!

LY V6 with Recaros
Mines seems to come from the plastic in the doors and somewhere below the steering wheel

Maz

LY 200
Don't talk to me about rattles they drive me crazy, not as bad as I used to be though I just turn the music up now as reno won;t do jack s**t abuot them after 6k .. welcome to the wonderful world of rattles Deb, enjoy :)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
The only thing that rattles in mine, so far ~Touches wood~ is my sunroof, but it rattles less since I put the Eibach suspension on. It doesn't really annoy me, it's all part of the cars character. Before I got into Clios I used to drive really old cars where just about everything rattled, so I guess I'm pretty much in heaven only having a sunroof rattle. lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
The drivers side air vent rattles in my car and annoys me lots. Have to see if there is anyway to tighten or loosen that area as it stops if I apply pressure to that area of the dash.

My dad's 172 rattles to sh*t - it really annoys me when i'm in it.
His seems to creek from the corner of the dash where the sat nav is, the glove box rattles too !

i've been pleasantly surprised at how little my valver rattles. My 1.4RT was a bastid for rattling. Only thing that rattles on the valver is the plastic surround on my head-unit.
And the watch on my wrist when my steering wheel shakes like mad under heavy breaking.

they musta made them better back in the day. :p

cept mine doesn' start in the rain :(

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
There is only ONE noise when driving my car that REALLY annoys me, but it isn't anything on the car. It's my darn key ring! I have one of the Renault Diamond keyrings and the darn thing keeps hitting the steering column when I drive on a bumpy road or throw it round bends. It makes more noise than all the other keys I used to have on the key ring. It catches me out sometimes as I hear a loud clonk and wonder what the hell it is, then I turn my stereo down and realise it's the darn key ring. Grrrrr. Other than that I am quite happy at the moment and fingers crossed I won't get too many rattles, creaks , groans and squeaks in the future. lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
littlefrenchmusclecar said:
i've been pleasantly surprised at how little my valver rattles. My 1.4RT was a bastid for rattling. Only thing that rattles on the valver is the plastic surround on my head-unit.
And the watch on my wrist when my steering wheel shakes like mad under heavy breaking.

they musta made them better back in the day. :p

cept mine doesn' start in the rain :(

We used to have a Renault 9 that hated the rain, go through a big puddle and it would cough and splutter, then if you tried to start it whilst still wet it would take bloody aaages. You just have to love Renaults though. Well I do anyway. ;) lol

LY V6 with Recaros
I just went out in it, and it seemed fine now! :S What's that all about?? Sometimes I notice it and sometimes it's not so bad! And I know what you mean about the keyring Debz, mine are the same! :mad:

silver cup packed FF 182
you will notice that sometimes a rattle wont re-appear for couple days or few mins after you've been driving the car lol its just summink that you gotta get used to im afraid

silver cup packed FF 182
lol had a vts mk2 for 2.5 years and didnt have any rattle problems from the interior bit odd how a year old or few years old a 182 gets rattles over a saxo pmsl

Deb182 said:
I posted last week saying I had my first rattle in 10 months. Everyone commented on how long that took, but they'd be more to come. Now on my way to work this morning I swear the whole bloody interior was rattling and creaking!! I wish I never mentioned anything now lol! :(

that is funny ................ curse can only be lifted by the ppl who posted previoulsy , u need to pm them all to lift the curse:eek: :eek:

80MPG BEEZA
mine has loads of funny noises i had a really bad squeek in my seat sounded like a blody mouse was screaming for help whenever i went out, i sust sum creaks sorted them, some times i go out in my car it drives like new not a sound drives mint other times i feel my mk1 was better lol

shaun_cliosport said:
lol doing that would make alot of "rattle" renualt owners very happy if she did that

lol............i was one too , imagine being the last one and saying .....NO:eek:

soon to be a 200
I have found a spray from halfords its made by 3in1 its a silicon spray and if i find a rattle i give a shot and it stops them . Any that runs down the trim just wipe off with a damp cloth .

LY V6 with Recaros
Trouble is, I have no idea where they come from!

So everyone that cursed me.............TAKE IT BACK!!!! :p

Deb182 said:
Trouble is, I have no idea where they come from!

So everyone that cursed me.............TAKE IT BACK!!!! :p

I'll be the 1st then.............................NO:eek:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Mine has rattled from about 3k miles, it even went back to the garage to sort out a dashboard rattle. Apparently it was some sort of computer that had come loose! I have had another rattle coming from the clocks area on my car, sorted that though by pushing firmly at the bottom and it seemed to move a bit so it may of come loose. These cars have awful build quality but are so fun to drive :)