ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I thought only old Fords did this!

After being out for a run last night I thought id hit some glass - while checking the tyres I noticed the engine sounding "tappety"! You know like those old Ford CVHs!! Is this normal for a 2 ltr Renault engine with 28k?

clio williams, Ph1 172

Maybe the cars been clocked annd its done 228k really hehe.

Whats it tick over at? Mine sounded rough when it was ticking over too low. when I messed about with the potentiometer the tickover was higher and it sounded sweet then.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Maybe the cars been clocked annd its done 228k really hehe.

Whats it tick over at? Mine sounded rough when it was ticking over too low. when I messed about with the potentiometer the tickover was higher and it sounded sweet then.

H22A7 Accord Type R

ahhhhhh the sound of my 1.2!!!!!! tick tick tick!! normal engine noise according to Reno ;)

Never checked the oil pressure ben! I have noticed that the Oil Pressure hits the top when I drive for the first 5 minutes then seems to be OK i think. Never noticed that until a week ago but asumed that was normal!! I will keep an eye on it tommorrow!

As for Tick over Ill come back on that one too

Cheers

Carl

yup, when cold pressure it high, but at 80 deg C you should be at 1 bar roughly at 1000rpm and 3 bar at 3500rpm.

What oil you running?

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Check the oil level, when cold on level ground.

Otherwise maybe a faulty hydraulic tappet, amongst other things.

Paul

Skoda Fabia vRS

would that be the 0W-40 Castrol RS ?

or the 10W-60

my guess is the 0W-40 from Halfords....change the oil, i dunno what it is but there seems to be a fair few people runnin Castrol oil in there car and it going tappety on em....especially Magnatec

i had this on my valver when i first got it i got a service and supplied the oil magnetec 15w40 and there is now no noise not even from cold runs much smoother now as well

jaimie

black golf v6 4 motion

my clio 1.2 16v 2002 if some tappety whilst idle sounds sweet on the move though its so anoying any suggestions???

Well here are my findings

0W-40 Castrol RS

Oil Full

Idles at 900rpm - Oil Pressure about :11/2 bar

Revs at 3500rpm - Oil Pressure about :3 Bar

Have to say lifted the bonnets and listened to it close up and it just more depressed - reminds me of my Sisters old J reg 1.3 fiesta:(

It was about 80 deg. I will try all again tommorrow just to check.

I had noticed that it had used a fair bit of oil in the first month I owned it ,but its only now that i am keeping an eye on it - I will just have to wait to see how much.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

15w50 mobile one ben uses. Dont forget the injectors will make a tappety sound. if its not that then some of the hydrolic lifters are probably sticking.

Although you are using a thin oil. try something like a 15w50 or 10w40 might sort it.

Skoda Fabia vRS

thing is tho at those kind of temps, usual for a 16v, the viscosity of a 10W-40 and the 0W-40 he is using now, will be very very similar...

Quote: Originally posted by Clio16vPaul on 15 June 2003

After seeing BenRs car yesterday at coombe id use what ever oil he is!!
WHere we you mate?

did u have the black valver........i just missed seeing that as i was in the cue.

The White Valver parked in the normal car park so you wont of seen it.

I was wondering around saw you out on the track a few times, going well!!

really!!!

damn, should of come and found us, there were a few of us?

Where were you standing?

did you happen to be near quarry or the 1st chicane when i went a bit mental with the tail?

Didnt get over there til around half 2 i think...

Dont know the corners, stood by the far side of the metal bridge where you come into the pits.

Did see your car parked up with the bonnet up, not sure if it was you lot or not until i read this this morning!

Didnt see you come unstuck once to be honest, was quite impressed with how you were going!! Fair play for havinbg the b****cks cos id be to cautious of the few sheds that were gracing the track at the same time as you!!

lol.....you were at camp corner then......its the gay bar area......just kiddin

Yea, it was aprked up trying to cool down as the starter motor fried along with the braked near the end and oil temps were reaching 120 so need a cooler......:confused:

yea, i was getting the tail happy up teh other end as camp has that sodding big wall on teh exit and you dont wanna hit it, but a fair few people spun there.

and talking abotu sheds, there was a MK2 golf that hit the tyres last time (2 months ago), and he was behing me again in teh cue this event.....so i got away form his as fast as i could.......

Thats exactly why I wouldnt get out there!! theres a bloody good chance mr evo and skyline dont want any contact but I spotted a few dodgy looking cars out there... cant think if it was out with you but a fiesta which appeared to have had the suspention RAISED was looking increasing promising for a bit of carnage.

F*£k it i didnt realise that was camp corner - was with 2 blokes as well!!!!

There was a black sierra cossie that stood out, normal round camp corner but really had some go in it down that stait

lol.....yea, most guys say that! ;)

red.....hmmm...you sure it wasnt a MK1 golf GTi as i saw a golf that was so high it looked silly!

on slicks too.

it was fun, i just made sure i got away from people, but there were some dangerous moves where you werent meant to go past.....but that yellow intergale evo i passed apologised to me....which was nice....but he stacked it later.....