ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i want a new car !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clio Sport 172

hi at the mo i have a 1.4rt clio but i want sumthing a little faster till my scooby arrives (i wish) n e way i had a nice quote on a vtr and a 1.6 16 v si clio the vtr was 1250 3rd pty fire n theft and the clio was 840 3rd pty fire n theft.
so now i need to know witch one to go 4 unless u can think of n ething else but i want to stick to a hatchback really and it needs to b fairly nice as i want to buy a standard one. oh and not over 4500-5000k.
i can pik a clio up 4 around 4500-5000 k. but a saxo vtr the average price i was looking at the the other day was 4000-4500 so with the insureance difference it wont make no difference to my pocket watever one i get

So n e ideas

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I rang tescos on tuesday, and got a quote for a 1.8 16v, with 1 years no claims (and being a girl!) it was £985.. ive only been driving a year and im 18, thought that was a great price.

Steve i keep telling you get a 5 lump put in your clio!!! you wont regret it!! probably cost less than buying another car as well.

And liverpool victoria insurance shouldnt alter the insurance quote with them as its not increasing cubic capacity.

-Rob

Clio Sport 172

yer but im not up for paying out wen stuff goes wrong with the 5. i know i will always have problems but i just want sumthing relieable

Things only go worng on the 5 when people dont set them up right. U must have decent cooling and run boost that your turbo and cooling can handle. Ive had two 5s and im gettin a 5 lump in my clio and ive had no issues with either.

Oh and on insurance

ive just paid £402 tpft for my 16v with mods declared with my fiancee on their that has 0 no claims. Thats with 2 years no claims and im 22 what a bargain

Steve a 5 is reliable if you dont run stupid boost, and sort all the cooling out! a lot of people on here have had 5s and they will say the say thing!

Steve give torsion tuning a call, there nos around somewhere do a search for them. Have a chat with them see what they have to say.

Mk2 172

OK. yes. After a while a metro will rust to bits (a year or two of fun though).

What about an engine transplant? There are always engines for sale in the For Sale forum.

stevie, the VTR isnt a bad idea, and any proper hot hatch is going to kill you on insurance.

Run it for a year, get your 30% ncd and get a 16v Clio

Suzuki SV650

Ill be another one to say get a GTT lump, if you are planning on spending 4k on a newer car then you can spend £2k on getting a really neat trick GTT lump in your Clio, and youve got £2k left to spend on;

1) Booze.. :D

2) Loose women... ;)

3) Another cheap runabout if the GTT goes pop

4) Parts if the GTT does go pop

5) Enough McDonalds Extra Value Meals to fill your Clio with. :p

Plus the CGTT (from what Ive seen), is great for bhp vs £££s mods, and is unique.. Plus the dump valve will prolly make you smile every time you change gear, it would if I had one.

Clio Sport 172

hmm i mite just get the vtr and like the other guy said then get a clio 16v or a 172 or sum thing wen i can insure one