ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want another clio sport!!

So back in 2013 I bought a clio 182 and totally panicked, I was Young the fuel and insurance cost a fortune. I sold it after 2 weeks!!

Now I’m 32 with 10 years no claims and the insurance has dropped to £400 a year on a 197.
Clio sports still have a place in my heart as they are my favourite car!!

could someone give me a quick catch up on the 197 and what years they run from? also the best place to try and find one?
Thank you :)

Clio
Sounds exactly like me lol

I had a 182 for 2 weeks at 21 and sold it and got back in my 1.2 . I still have that 1.2 and never drive it .

I love my golf to much to bother with one but good luck with the search .

monaco 172
I think 197s started in late 2006 and was replaced with the 200 in 2009.

I've had 182 and 172s for years, but the issues with the 197 and 200s puts me off so never bothered with em.

Ed Hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Your story resonates with me too.

I wanted a Clio Sport so badly when I was younger, but as you mentioned, the insurance costs were just way too high, so at 18, I got myself a brand new 1.2 (which I still have now - brilliant car!).

I’m now 33. I bought my 182 3 years ago. I have it on the road for the better weather 6 months of the year. I usually take it out for a few track days but it also geta some good general use out on the roads too. I absolutely love it.

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
I owned a 172 Cup for 2 years 2004-06 then a 182 Cup for 8 years. Now carless for the last 7 years i'd love another 182.

Clio172
I owned a 172 Cup for 2 years 2004-06 then a 182 Cup for 8 years. Now carless for the last 7 years i'd love another 182.
I will be selling my 182 Arctic blue 2004 shortly 147000 miles but lots of money spent on things that are important including 5 turini wheels ... original unpainted wheels with almost new tyres. Ktec stainless exhaust new cat. New shocks eibac springs. Timing belt and water pump. Not until late November. Good body

Clio172
But. Today cannot get reverse gear. Going to my garage tomorrow
I will be selling my 182 Arctic blue 2004 shortly 147000 miles but lots of money spent on things that are important including 5 turini wheels ... original unpainted wheels with almost new tyres. Ktec stainless exhaust new cat. New shocks eibac springs. Timing belt and water pump. Not until late November. Good body
mot until late November

Clio SILVERSTONE GP
I have a SILVERSTONE GP edition coming up for sale in the next 7 to 10 days..

Has a couple of minor repairs such as ball joints and Steering ends. Then it's going to Renault main dealers for a health check and a service.

It will be up for sale very soon..