ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i want my 182 to run at 182bhp......what to do?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Custom remap
Matched inlets
Good air filter
Exhaust
De-cat

make sure its been serviced with propper parts and the timing is right and you may be somewhere in the region of 175-180

Stripped yozza'd cup
the '182' is ps, so about 179hp.

But anyway, the list that Chris gave above should see you close if you've got a healthy engine.

Arctic 182 FF
Custom remap
Matched inlets
Good air filter
Exhaust
De-cat

make sure its been serviced with propper parts and the timing is right and you may be somewhere in the region of 175-180

What is the best type of air filter to use? Iv got a piperX open cone that was already on when i got it but iv been told it soaks up hot air from the engine and decreases performance?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Not much point in a filter mate, standard box and filter is a good set up on these allready...if anything, just replace the filter only and not the whole box

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Why?

Do you actually think you will notice the difference between 174bhp (which it might have) and 179bhp?

You wont. Hence why i havent wasted £600 trying to achieve it :)

This. You either throw considerable money at it and make sizeable gains or just make sure it's running well on what it has and then do the other much cheaper option......add lightness!

Listerine & Poledo
there are some electric superchargers on ebay that you can just bolt on, for about £50.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
^ Get two ^

But honestly, why do you want 182bhp? If it is to improve the performance generally, then fair enough, but if it is chasing figure, you have bought the wrong car.

Listerine & Poledo
are we talking 182hp at the wheels?

so, about 200 at the crank?

best get a LPT bolted on, then detune it

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
imo ditch the cone filter and get a ph1 air box with panel filter

get better gains

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I made 182bhp with Ph1 Airbox, ITG Filter, RSTuner Map and Decatted Cat Back Exhaust.

Go to a generous RR and you'll already have 182bhp... Different rollers different figures.

Milltek'd clio 182
well i didnt realise the response i would get on this over night lol thanks guys. Well perhaps i should start with a rolling road to see what its running, its only done 25k so i suppose its at its highest peak. I would be interested in getting a remap, and im abit concerned on changing air filters and its proved that by seeing a debate on here about them lol power gain or no power gain, theres so many different filters to buy. Well about the remapping im confused who to go with as theres so many companies that offer remaps 8bhp 9bhp 12bhp and i have been told that i could get an extra 30bhp on a remap which i thought was abit extravagent lol. So who would you reccommend for a good, reliable source for a remap. O and i can i have a remap without having to change anything else? thanks.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Remap, as you intimated, will not gain you 30bhp.

A couple of options really, both TDF (Cambridge) and RS Tuning (Leeds) have good reputations and are no bullshit when it comes to remapping. Or you could go the diy route and get a Rs Tuner to plug in and install a pre written map yourself.

My understanding is that the greatest gain from a remap is the improved drivability rather than out and out power gains.

My post above was supposed to make the point that comparing rr results is completely pointless as each rr will give different results, but I don't think I conveyed the sarcasm well enough.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Only 25k ??! That's not even run in yet.

Do some homework on here. The RS engines are impressive in that they get better with age, like a damn fine Scotch.

When warm (>20mins of normal driving) just give it hell. A lot. Don't ***** about at low revs, polishing the cylinder walls... They love being revved.

clio 182
also use a good petrol it takes 3-4 tanks before u notice the difference, use either shell vmax or tescoe 99 worth the extra few p a littre

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
v power will make f*ck all difference to bhp. if u want more bhp heres what to do, sell it, buy something faster, preferably with a turbo, then tune it , and see proper gains. on a clio, better spending money on handling, make it more fun to drive, and also strip it out a bit, save weight.

500 Twinair
Get the car rr and go from there.
You're not going to get big power unless you turbocharge it, supercharge it or go down the throttlebodies route.
I would put a stainless steel exhaust on it, followed by a panel filter, decat, remap and matched inlets, then put decent coilovers on followed by brake upgrades and possibly strippage as well.
You'll notice a difference for sure.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
These threads should be banned!

182ps is 179bhp! full stop!! There are 100's of rollers around the country that will give you figures ranging from 160off up to 179book!

ATW is the only true measure.

To say one set of rollers is wrong vs another is laughable! At the end of the day it's all willy waving and pub talk.

We used baha's rollers a couple of yrs ago at a meet.

172's ran between 166-169 std, more for modified cars
182's ran between 177-179 std.
V6 ran 253
Type R ran 189...

Now are you honestly going to tell me that rollers overreading!

Stripped yozza'd cup
I can picture you (more of a stereotypical Scotsman as ive never met you) reading through this thread, gradually welling up with anger.... Then shouting at the screen and frantically typing.

Made me LOL. Angry scots people are the best.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm actually quite a calm Scot by all accounts... Some things do, on occasion get on ma tits!

BMW E36 328i Sport
2.5" exhaust system
2.5" de-cat
Pipercross Panel filter
Removed acoustic valve
Rs tuning remap
Using v-power

181.1bhp

on rs tunings rollers the most reliable of reliable of accurate of all rollers ever made ever or so I'm told.