ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want to make a folder full of pictures on a computer...

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How??

Basically I have hundreds of pictures of some of my old cars. I want to store them all in a folder on my work computer.
Some if the pictures are on my phone, some are on Facebook, some are on photobucket.

But I want them all in one place (my work computer has a seemingly infinite storage facility) so I can view them easily and at any time.

Can anyone offer me some guidance??

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It'll be a long process depending on how many there are.

Will be copy and paste and a lot of right click save as.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How??

Basically I have hundreds of pictures of some of my old cars. I want to store them all in a folder on my work computer.
Some if the pictures are on my phone, some are on Facebook, some are on photobucket.

But I want them all in one place (my work computer has a seemingly infinite storage facility) so I can view them easily and at any time.

Phone me tomorrow, or PM me, and I'll sort it out.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If you have a hotmail/outlook account you get 15 gb free storage. Just download the apps and it should auto upload most of them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I personally would get them all in on place on the computer and then back them up online somewhere.

Listerine & Poledo
How??

I may be reading this wrong, but I've read it 5 times now.
You want a folder full of pictures, on your work PC, and want to access them anywhere, anytime? Or just on the work PC

If work PC -
create new folder on C: (or anywhere else convenient)
email images from phone to own email, download onto PC
Download photobucket to new folder
cut and paste existing images on PC into new folder
Done.

If accessing remotely
What would you want to access the files from?

My own solution to similar:
I use a western Digital NAS drive (like THIS). You plug it into your network and use it like any other hard drive. You can also then access and upload to / download from it on any PC, Apple or Android device.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Or just use dropbox on your home and work PCs, and the dropbox app on your phone, all for free and sync'ed across all of the devices instantly.

No faffing around with uploading to websites, just drop the images in the dropbox folder snd hey presto it's uploaded and accessible anywhere.

Falling off a log is harder.

Listerine & Poledo
at £7.99 per month for a decent storage allowance?
I'd still rather the NAS option, after a year they cost roughly the same anyway.

Listerine & Poledo
He's backing up a folder of photos, not his entire hard drive. NAS is complete overkill IMO.
I guess it comes down to how many photos we're actually talking about, and what size of files.

If "lots" is actually "400, all taken on an iPhone 3gs" then yeah, Dropbox.
if actually "25,000, taken on 23547896mp DSLR" then NAS.

Also, Dropbox will fill the hard drive of ALL devices that use it, wont it?