ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I wish I had a machine polisher..

BG 182
Posted a few of these to cliosport on facebook a few days ago, but figured I'd share on here too.
I've been dying to get out and give my 182 a good clean. After moving house, and it being too cold out I've left it to get a bit dirty and grotty. I just wish I had a machine polisher as my arms were killing afterwards lol.

16245291823_7f9a70eccd_h.png
Clio Renaultsport 182 by Daniel HODSON, on Flickr

16864094232_5fc4dfc20f_h.jpg

16263967283_21cafab2c2_h.png

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
stunning job you done there,well worth giving the arms a workout for the reward

BG 182
I wish the alloys were original too, but at least they're in excellent condition and unkerbed.

I'm off to my mates body shop tomorrow to try some thinners on the front grills. A previous owner had them painted and typically now they're flaking. I'd prefer them standard even if they are a little faded, maybe I'm just being picky!

anyone advise of colour codes for the original wheel colour? Either that or hunt for some turinis!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I wish the alloys were original too, but at least they're in excellent condition and unkerbed.

I'm off to my mates body shop tomorrow to try some thinners on the front grills. A previous owner had them painted and typically now they're flaking. I'd prefer them standard even if they are a little faded, maybe I'm just being picky!

anyone advise of colour codes for the original wheel colour? Either that or hunt for some turinis!

Ixcel 205 110

Auto paint St helens will sort you out :)

BG 182
Thanks guys for the positive feedback!
auto paint good then? Any ideas on charges for stuff like that?

BG 182
Thanks @guysy I'll have to check them out. Hook & Loop for about £10 on Amazon, seem about right? To be fair, I'd like one just to buff the headlights better, I did them by hand too, its not till they are on at night you can still see some minor scratches on the lenses.

Yeah, Ive got the 120mm one and the 4" backing plate.

This one would be fine, from hong kong though, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-inch-M1...532?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a2d1b885c

4" backing pad and whichever of your choice polishing pads, get a cutting, polishing and possibly a finishing pad then a few grades of cutting polish and have a practice, just go easy read a few guides, I've still not perfected the art but Im alright.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexipads...090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cd44b0922

BG Clio 182
If I didn't know what I was doing, personally I would be buying a dual action polisher. The DAS 6 or the DAS 6 pro. Far safer and very effective. Invest in some better polishes and pads and get the cut that way, rather than buying a rotary.

BG 182
Thanks for the tips guys, I have been eying up the DAS 6 or the DAS 6 pro on CYC. So I'll have a bit of a read up. Still, I'm pretty happy with the finish for saying it was done by hand. Just be nicer to get a deeper cut with the machine, remove some of the harsher scratches rather than just filling.

BG Clio 182
Thanks for the tips guys, I have been eying up the DAS 6 or the DAS 6 pro on CYC. So I'll have a bit of a read up. Still, I'm pretty happy with the finish for saying it was done by hand. Just be nicer to get a deeper cut with the machine, remove some of the harsher scratches rather than just filling.
Get the DAS 6 pro mate. It's an awesome tool. If you want something really simple get the Autofinesse revitalise kit. As much cut as you would ever need really and everything in the kit is useful. I'd then buy some autofinesse triple and that can be applied with the red pad you get in the kit. You then have polishes and fillers and everything you'd ever need and it's really simple to get the right pad combos :)