ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE Installation Cambridge area

Having miserably attempted to fit my non-standard sony headunit into my 05 182....does anyone know if anywhere I could take my car to have it fitted for me in the Cambridge area?

Something keeps bloomin shorting out one of the cars fuses. Its an old Sony mp3 headunit which I successfully installed in my old 2000 172. It used to correctly make a beaping noise on turning off the engine, presumably indicating the remote live was hooked up properly. Could be something to do with that as when I did attempt installation, prior to shorting I notcied on powering off it was no longer beeping.

Any suggestions? I was told I have the correct wiring harness by a chap at halfords but suggested I may have to swap over I think the yellow and red connectors?

Doing my head in at I hate having to go back to 1 album per disk!

172 CUP
It's quite possible the red and yellow are swapped over.

Test them with a multimeter and work out which is permanent and which one is switching.

Then look in the stereo manual as it always gives you a diagram of the plug layout. Work out if you need to swap the wires from this.

Problem is I dont have the manual for the headunit anymore as its quit old. Its a Sony CDX-R3350. Anyone happen to have this headunit who could provide advice on the wiring layout to loom to renault wiring.

Yes I could test if I can get my hands of a multimeter. If the red and yellow are the worn way round, could this be reponsible for the shorting I experienced and the lack of sound when turning off the engine/power?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Red = live
Yellow = battery
black = ground

That should be the main ones for the headunit as they are all pretty similar, as for the cars loom i suggest a haynes manual, as the cables are odd colours :(

Brilliant thanks for your help guys. Think i;ll just have to have a play about at the weekend and test everything prior to taking the plunge this time. Can I cause any real damage if the wires are the wrong way round for example.

Last time it shorted the fuse which controls the bateery or something in the car so it deactivated the alrm system and forgot the clock settings etc.

Poo'ed mysefl a little at first :)