ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE problems

just installed my gear, it insists of a pioneer 77mp, vibe monobox 3, 2xvibe bb1s, set of 20cm vibe components and a vibe cbr twin 12 inch bass box, got a couple of problems;

- firstly, when i turn on my stereo there is a loud thump from the subs, could this be the ground? or the remote? or the stereo ground?

-secondly, the remote power dial (which plugs into the side of the monobox, to adjust the level of the gain on the subs) doesnt seem to be working?

- finally, as im driving along the subs seem to be losing power and getting quiter

thanks for any help peeps!

- are all your ground points the same? have you got your rcas one side and your power cables the other? not likly to be head unit ground if only on sub

- is it the sort that your rca cables go inot then it goes into your amps?

- probabaly just road noise so it seems to get quiter.

all amps, ditrubution block and power cap grounded to same point, rcas and power cable down different sides ,using the qudos competition rcas and power cables so that should be ok, i think ill re-wire it all on monday!

Polo + Micra

the thump your getting is strange??? sounds like the amp is powering up before your h/u

the amp remote could be the amp or the remote (no help)

are all your connections really tight, i noticed earlier that mine wernt earlier and i nearly burnt my hand on the connector on my power cap:cry:

probably a bad earth, many power caps are suppossed to be ground separetly from the amp. Some even have two ground leads that need each grounding far away from each other and the amp ground. Try earthin the cap somewhere else, it might just work

mrb