ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg 172 goes Sprinting

I have been thinking about a 4 point harness for sprinting and although the class I'm in does allow this, I have to keep rear seats etc. I'm also keen to keep the car as standard as possible so I don't really want to fit a cage.

Thought I'd check out if it would be viable to anchor to the rear seat belt mount points but there's no way that harness angle is acceptable.

Oh well, it was just an idea...

IMG_5314.jpg

Well there’s been no action in 2020, in fact the Cup has been off the road since Feb. Despite winter is coming, I’ve missed it so time to get it back on the road.

Good wash, polish & wax last week and straight through MOT today. I’ll tax it from 1st and I can start using it again. It could probably do with some new petrol too, the stuff in the tank went in in Jan, I was surprised it even started 🤣

And for passing the MOT clean yesterday, thought it deserved some new cup 172 badges as previously it was a Cup 72 or a Cup 17 depending on what side you were looking at.

Full power now restored.

73D81AAC-E0A4-4489-B638-571D05AE0F3D.jpeg

Time for an update and that time has come. Despite the motorsports scene opening up again, I've decided that I'm not getting back into that and many have said that the cup is too nice to subject it to that anyway.

With a couple of daughters at Uni, the cup no longer works for me and so it's going up for sale after I've had the belts/dephaser etc changed tomorrow.

So until the time I actually put the for sale ad up, here's a couple of shots from today after a spring clean.

IMG_8278.jpeg

IMG_8280.jpeg

Time to sign off from CS. I’ve enjoyed my time here, gained some valuable knowledge, laughed along with some of the questionable threads and will be ever grateful for the help and advice that I received.

Byeee Cup time for you to return home 😉

9DFFDB95-4C61-4E86-B196-16E34D2E01D4.jpeg