ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idiotic iTunes question (probably). Complete NOOB!

320d M Sport
So, I'm about to use it for the first time, a simple question I can't find the answer for is bugging me though.

At the moment all my music is set up in windows folders.

I know I need to use itunes to stick music on my ipod.
When I do this I'm told itunes places a copy of said music into itunes.

So, does this mean I end up with 2 identical files? 1 in a windows folder, 1 in itunes? So 2 x each song @ 5mb each?

OR?! Is what shown in itunes just a pointer and it's not a duplicate?

Yes, I know, completely thick...I've swerved apple stuff for as long as humanly possible until today lol

Thanks!

57 Clio Campus Sport
Depends how you set it up in preferences but it will probably be making a copy into the iTunes music folder. Just import windows music folder and in preferences tell iTunes to organise music then delete the windows folders and keep all your music in iTunes music folder, it sorts it all into artists and albums for you.

If you just want to keep windows folders deselect the iTunes organises music folder and import and should all just use the windows folder files and not make copies