ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle control valve - help!

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Had a problem with the car over revving at idle after its been running for 20/30 mins.

Changed throttle body, throttle cable and no change.

So bought a new idle control valve from renault, all part numbers match old one and looks exactly the same.

However now i've put it on the car revs straight to 4000rpm and sits there!!

I've checked fitting and it looks sound. Popped the old one back on and revs normally, put new one back on and revs like mad.

WTF is going on?!?!?!?

172 Cup
turn it on and off to the first ignition stage about 10 times and try turning it to the first stage and pressing and letting off the throttle about 10 times to it needs to be reset

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
On off on off x 6 , whack it with a spanner.

Oh for the days of MX brake calipers and mag wheels, i knew what i was doing back then!

Ph1 172
Sorry to bring up an old thread but im having the same problem, cleaned icv, throttlebody, new throttlebody gasket and after 20 or so minutes when coming down a gear or sat on idle it revs to 2k, do i need a new icv? or is it similar at all?

Clio sport -01
bump, same problem..ruff idle...cold engine 1200rpm as soon as the engine warms up sometimes stable at 2000+ rpm...touch the pedal quickly and the engine starts idle fluctuating...

renault clio mk2 ph1
Hi I have a clio 1.4 2000 reg it idles at 750 rpm is this normal nd wen it is idling it judders is this to do with the I.C.V many thanks 1990kid