ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

idle control valve location

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Can someone tell me or show me a pic of were the idle control valve is on a ph2 im spending the day tomorrow doing a few bits and peices to my car and want to clean my idle control valve to see if it solves my low idle problemt thanks

Clio.
Phase 2 will have a motorised throttle body, which is fly by wire, the idle control is built into the throttle body.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Aghh I see maybe if I clean the throttle body might do it some good? Shall I disconnect battery befor I unplug the throttle body?

Clio 200 full fat
My 172 is hunting flicking between 1500 rpm and 2000rpm when not in gear I was told it's the idle control valve but ph 2's don't have one

Clio 200 full fat
Yeah car had a new one new throttle ht leads and pre used coil pack got another one from renparts on the way just to rule it out

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
I still havent solved this problem on mine ither had to start my car 5 times out side the shop this morning kept cutting out asoon as i stopped tapping the throttle seems to be a lot worse on cold chilly mornings seems on when warmed up tho but will still cut out if im reversing on full lock or backing into a parking space

Clio 200 full fat
Yeah mine only started it yesterday I'm thinking atm it may be linked to coil pack getting a new one tomorow if it works I'll let you know

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Does yours do what i just said mine does? Yea if you could let me no that would be great :)

Yeah mine only started it yesterday I'm thinking atm it may be linked to coil pack getting a new one tomorow if it works I'll let you know

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Have you changed the cts mate? Lumpy idle can be due to a faulty cts.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Ive changed mine as it was a cheap option does it need to be cleared of the ecu? It dident make much difference when i changed it

Clio 200 full fat
No but mines flicks though the revs in idle at any temperature one min it's a 1500rpm next it sticks at 2000rpm when driving it's fine tho

megane 285 sport
Look down the side of the engine gearbox side, theres a slot in the gearbox bellhousing the sensor is bolted just above this slot with the tip pointing into the slot where the crank is. I normally clean the tip with abit of wirewhool and carb cleaner, and make sure electrical connections on the plug are clean using abit of sand paper to clean them up, also sand papering the mounting points as there metal and not sure if they earth there sensor out. They are common to be replaced. Sometimes you can get away cleaning them

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Ok thanks ill give that ago today if j get 5 mins at work thanks

Look down the side of the engine gearbox side, theres a slot in the gearbox bellhousing the sensor is bolted just above this slot with the tip pointing into the slot where the crank is. I normally clean the tip with abit of wirewhool and carb cleaner, and make sure electrical connections on the plug are clean using abit of sand paper to clean them up, also sand papering the mounting points as there metal and not sure if they earth there sensor out. They are common to be replaced. Sometimes you can get away cleaning them