ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle issue. Anyone got any ideas, because i'm all out!

172, Tiguan
OK, well I removed TB number two and refitted the newly cleaned TB1. I noticed there is no sideways movement of the butterfly when at idle position, but about half a mm at wide open.

I connected everything back up except the airbox as its a faff. Connected the battery back up and tried the ignition on and off a few times as I figured it wouldn't hurt. Car fired up and held an idle fine. I blocked off the ICV and the car immediately stalled. Loud hiss of air from TB. I assume this is good as it seems the natural place for the air to escape?

Fired car back up again and played around at different revs. It always dropped back to an idle! I'm not getting ahead of myself because I can't go for a test drive tonight, but it looks a whole lot better than it did before.

Ill keep you updated but thanks for everyone's help and input. Going to clean the crap out of the other TB now as a spare.