ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle issues

Clio 1.4 dynamique
Hi all

Recently bought clio 1.4 dynamique mk3. having intermittent fault where the motor will turn over and start fine. ..but immediately stalls.(done it a couple of times when waiting at junctions to)

It's covered under warranty from dealer and they currently have it back in garage, but frankly I've no faith in them

Any suggestions on possible fault? I'm leaning towards fuelling issue? throttle bodies have been cleaned and still no change....TPS maybe? I've seen cheap replacements, are they plug and play or do they need calibrating when installed?

Thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
could be many things, vacuum leak, bad map sensor, tdc sensor, similar thing happend on mine and it was a bad connection of the connector to the computer... could well be fuel starvation as well although that would also cause surging while driving under load and probable miss fires... could be a sticky fuel pump relay etc