ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle Speed Problems

Im having idle speed problems on my 16v. The car idles fine untill i give it some "loud pedal" (as my mate would say), ie. full throttle over 4500rpm. Then the idle sits at around 1500rpm and will not come down unless i restart the engine.

Thing is about 1/2 an hour before this started my speedo cable broke. The speedo as far as i can see is completly mechanical and shouldnt effect anything engine management wise, unless theres some sort of speed sensor somewhere. Cant see it having one though as theres no fuel computer or anything.

Anyone got any ideas or has anyone had similar problems

Ph1 172, Mini 2.0l T

From what I remember there is a speed sensor on the cable just behind the speedo which I assume the ECU takes data from, so that could be your problem

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah, if ur speedo cable bust then thats the reason! it senses when ur moving so to keep the revs up longer when you put the clutch in to change gear!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Its the speedo cable mate, mine does it but i havent replaced it yet. Not realy it getts the reading before the dials.