ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle Stuck at 2000 RPM

MINI Cooper S JCW
Hi Guys
Just wondered if anyone has had this problem before. Set off to work this morning and after about 100yds when i stopped at junction the idle was stuck at 2000 rpm. Thie car drove ok but when i cam to a stop the idle was still at 2k, my journey to work is about 3 miles and just as i arrived the electrical warning light came on and the idle went back to normal. I parked up and switched off, then started the engine again, the warning light went out but the idle was back up at 2k again. At lunch the fault didnt come back and has been fine on my way home this evening. I had the faults read at lunchtime and there were 3 codes stored.
View attachment 76493
I think DF135 and DF235 may be related to brake pedal switch adjustment, so have ignored those for the minute. So DF129 for the throttle pedal potentiometer is likely cause, just wondered if anyone has had anything similar with the same fault code and whether it was the throttle pedal at fault, or something else. The codes were cleared and has been fine since but not sure if it was a one off or if its likely to happen again or fail completely? The only other thing I noticed was on Sunday the idle fluctuated between around 800 and 1200 rpm, but this only happened for about 5 minutes and no warning light came on.

Any help or advise would be appreciated, thanks.

LY 200 cup full fat
Mine did the same tonight but when i turned off the engine and restarted it was still in limp mode and with electrical warning light on.Been told it could be Throttle Body or Accelerator Pedal